Sub-2000 Aluminum Triggers

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by P_Bros, Apr 11, 2009.

1. P_Bros

P_Bros New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Pouncey Innovations is happy to offer this great upgrade for the Kel-Tec Sub-2000 rifle. These triggers are available in both unfinished, polished, and anodized models. There are two standard configurations available: The extra-wide style and the standard style. Unfinished triggers are available only in the extra-wide style, while polished and anodized triggers are available in both styles. Illustrated instructions are included, including a guide for shaping the unfinished triggers. All triggers are water-jet cut from 6061-T56 aluminum alloy and hand-finished to remove machining marks and ensure proper fit. These will work in both 9mm and .40 models of the Sub-2000.

NOTE: When installed, the extra-wide style triggers sit off-center to the right side of the gun. They also hang slightly outside of the trigger guard (less than 1/16")

This is an unfinished trigger:

[​IMG]

Unfinished trigger installed:

[​IMG]

Finished extra-wide style triggers in the three standard finishes (black anodized, polished, and red anodized)

[​IMG]

Red anodized extra-wide trigger installed on gun:

[​IMG]

Finished standard style triggers in three standard finishes:

[​IMG]

Polished standard trigger installed on gun:

[​IMG]

As a special offer, KTOG members may purchase direct via email at reduced prices: $17.95 for unfinished triggers and $31.95 for finished triggers. Shipping is still USPS priority mail for $4.95.

I will also offer custom finish colors at a premium of $5 over the normal price of finished triggers.

Warranty / returns: As these are made-to-order items, I cannot accept returns. All items have a 1-year waranty against materials and workmanship defects for the original purchaser.

To purchase direct at the special KTOG prices, please email: pouncey_innovations@comcast.net

Include:

Desired model (e.g. finished or unfinished)
    Style (if purchasing a finished trigger)
    Finish (if purchasing a finished trigger)
    KTOG user name
    Email address
    Shipping address
    Any special instructions

You will receive a response with an invoice and payment instructions.

NOTE: I ONLY ACCEPT PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL.

2. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Re: FS Custom Sub-2000 Aluminum Triggers

Do you ship multiple orders with one shipping charge?

3. P_Bros

P_Bros New Member

Mar 3, 2009

As long as it doesn't exceed 1 lb. Which would be something like 20 triggers :eek:.

Also, if you place a multi-item order, please specify if you need more than one installation manual, otherwise I will just include one.

Thanks

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Bump for the SUB-culture. :)

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

Does this make P_Bros a "Sub Contractor?"

-Scott

6. Speedo66

Speedo66 New Member

Oct 14, 2008

What is the difference between fininshed and unfinished?

Is it just the polishing or does more grinding or shaping need to be done?

Are the "finished" triggers drop in, or do they need to be fitted, stoned, etc?

Thanks

7. P_Bros

P_Bros New Member

Mar 3, 2009

Speedo66,

Thanks for your interest.

Both styles will drop in and function out of the box with no fitting.

Unfinished triggers are just bare aluminum and are only available in the extra-wide style. The edges of the blade are square and thus may not feel the best. Most people use sandpaper or a file to round the edges where your finger makes contact. The blade of the unfinished trigger can also be cut down to the size of the standard style. Instructions for this are included in the installation manual.

The finished triggers are available in both styles and either anodized or polished. Regardless of type finish, extra effort has been taken on these to make the shape more user-friendly since altering the shape after finishing would ruin the finish.

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks again.

8. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005

Just curious.
    Do you think that it would be advisable to post a link to the installation instructions online?
    If you posted the link in the "Trading Post" or the "Counter" only registered members with 25 or more posts could access it. I am wondering how difficult the installation procedure would be. I have field stripped my Subby but that is all. I know that detail stripping instructions are available online, but there are a lot more small parts and springs in a Subby than in my P-32 thru P-40 breed of Kel-Tecs.

9. P_Bros

P_Bros New Member

Mar 3, 2009

The install instructions are pretty much the same as the disassembly instructions found in the FAQ section of the S2K forum. I basically describe the same procedure with pictures that we took of our gun. There are a couple shortcuts that we figured out that make things a little easier, but overall it is the same procedure. I could post the manual, but it is a rather large MS Word document due to the pics and it is formatted to print out as a double-sided booklet, so the pages aren't in order.

10. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008

P_Bros: I have a couple of questions:

1) How wide is the wide? I'd like a wider trigger than the narrow one, but DON'T want it to stick out of the trigger guard. Can you do something like that , or is it not practical?

2) What are the "custom" color choices - is Gold one of them, and do you have the process down, or is it a trial-and-error thing?''

Thanks!

11. P_Bros

P_Bros New Member

Mar 3, 2009

Cromanos

The extra wide style is 0.460 inches wide, which is a little less than 1/8 inch wider than stock. If you want a finished trigger that is wider than stock but narrow enough to stay completely within the trigger guard, we can do that. As for the custom colors, it is pretty much anything you want but they will be experimental. We have not tried gold before. One thing to consider is that gold anodized will not be nearly as shiny as a plated part since anodizing is a dying process (think gold spray paint instead of gold plated).

Thanks for your interest.

12. GoldenLoki

GoldenLoki New Member

Dec 6, 2008

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] Thumbs up for P_Bros trigger. I have installed two triggers and can say they are a quality part. They make a big difference in the feel of the trigger. I took .07" off the wide side of the unfinished trigger. This gets it safely behind the trigger guard and is still a good bit wider than the stock trigger.

If you are considering trying one, go for it.

GL

13. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008

P_Bros - yes, I would like the custom width - what instructions do you want me to put in my order? Also waiting for my brother-in-law to decide what he wants, so we'll put both orders in together.

I'll skip the gold - I can see what you're saying about the color. I may got with the red, or maybe a blue, if you can do that.

14. P_Bros

P_Bros New Member

Mar 3, 2009

Just put down something like: "extra-wide style narrowed to fit in trigger guard." If you want a custom color (i.e. not red, black, or polished) try and be as descriptive as possible as to how light or dark etc (a picture of a similar color would be good). Note that it may take several days for us to get a custom color to turn out correctly as anodizing is quite an art form.

TXCajun,
    Did you mean to post that message in the S2K forum??? :-? As for the pistol triggers, I have not yet figured out how to approach it. I can't figure out how many of the pistols use the same trigger. I need to buy an example of whichever gun(s) we decide to make triggers for because I am not comfortable selling a part that I have not test-fit to ensure it's functionality.

Thanks guys

15. poppo

poppo Member

Jul 3, 2008

Ok folks, I have to give big kudos to P_Bros. I ordered a 'standard' black trigger about a week ago. I got very timely updates and was told the trigger would ship last Monday. I later got another update stating that there were a few technical issues and my trigger would be delayed a couple of days. I was not upset at all, as I just appreciated being kept informed. P_Bros then shipped my trigger FedEx overnight Saturday delivery on his dime for the delay. IMO that went way above and beyond good customer service.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

As for the trigger, it is top notch. I already had my 2K apart, so it only took a few minutes to install. BTW, don't shy away from this upgrade because of any fear of disassembly. It's really very easy if you just take your time. You really only need to remove the trigger bar assy, so there is not much to go wrong and parts won't go flying everywhere.

So the bottom line is P_Bos has a great product and I hope he gets enough sales to make a decent profit and perhaps produce something else for us.

16. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Oops... yes I did.   :-[
    I moved the post to the subbie forum thread.

FWIW, the P3AT and P32 use the same trigger.  The P3AT alone sells 1000 units per week and the P32 several hundred more.  Next in terms of sales is probably the PF9.  I believe the PF9 and P11 triggers differ. Although I am not 100% positive, I think the PF9 trigger is a bit narrower.  Someone can surely confirm that.  You can order some triggers from KT parts.  They are cheap.  Of course you would need some pistols for testing but then you "need" them anyway.   :)

17. Flix

Flix New Member

Apr 27, 2008

I think a step-by-step tutorial in the S2K section, :) with pictures, would go a long way to quell the fears of us chickens. :)

-- Flix

18. poppo

poppo Member

Jul 3, 2008

b
    There already is a link in the sticky FAQ to the disassembly pdf

Thread
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1226077793

direct link
    http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/DisassemblySUB2000.pdf

Basically just follow steps 1-14

Exceptions:
    Step 7, you only need to remove the safety retaining clip from the ejection port side
    Step 8, you can skip
    Step 11, you can skip
    Step 12, you can skip

Then just follow the appropriate reassembly instructions for just the parts you took apart. Do use an empty mag as directed to hold the mag catch in place and do use a toothpick or whatever to hold the one spring off the top of the screw post. The hardest part (and it's not that hard) is to get the safety latch to line up with the hole. But a small screw driver makes that easy. It only took me about 5 minutes to put it back together.

19. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005

My suggestion for determining the width of an aftermarket trigger for any Kel-Tec*, worth exactly what you paid for it,** would be to measure the width of the trigger guard and then the width of the trigger.

Then subtract the trigger's width from the trigger guard's width.

Divide the result by two.

Add the result of the above to the width of the trigger.

This way you would end up with a wider trigger that still fit well within the factory trigger guard.

* This is based on the fact that Kel-Tecs tend to have narrow triggers and wide trigger guards.

** Paid for my advice, naturally, not what you paid for your Kel-Tecs.

20. Rhodes68

Rhodes68 New Member

May 6, 2009
    Re: *temp out of stock* Sub-2000 Aluminum Triggers

Any idea when they will be back in stock? Unfinished Aluminum is fine polishing is easy.

Also to the guys that have these already what benefits do you notice besides the obvious surface area?