Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey KTOG, I came across something cool that i thought i'd share.
Much has been said about the standard KT SU16 magazines that come with the gun. Lots of users saying how they've ditched them for Pmags or other AR mags. Well don't toss those KT mags yet, this guy on youtube thought of a pretty useful idea with them.

He basically disassembled the magazine, taking the spring out so you can use the mag as a little storage case to keep some items with you inside your stock. He fit a boresnake in 1, along with a small bottle of oil & a spare firing pin, but you could put anything in there. I'm thinking any useful items that you'd like to have on you in a SHTF scenario or just when you're out & about with your SU16.

Pretty simple but a cool idea. Here's the link for anyone interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a pretty good idea Mac. I live in the Evil Empire State of NY so i can't have anything but 10 round mags, so no extra 20-30 rd mags for me. But that pouch you added is a pretty good idea, especially since it doubles as a cheek riser for you. I think you might've sold me on getting one of those. I had been debating on replacing the stock on mine, but i don't think i want to give up on its ability to fold. Having a concealed carry carbine just fits my needs more than a tacticool AR stock. Plus with the storage capabilities, its multi functional haha.

Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good idea and good information. Good to have few extras for SHTF scenario. Makes my SU16 all the more of a practical tool. I would rather have all my needs covered in a emergency. Spare parts and a few tools for maintenance. I want to keep mine folding as well. (for now)

Reactions: ronpaul716

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just last night while checking out the forum thread here of owners' pictures of their SU16, i found out you can actually replace the stock & still have it fold... just not in the way it currently does now. Instead of the gun folding north & south, with the right parts it can fold east & west. If you ever wanted to so something like that, check out that thread & you'll see what other people used.
I'm personally still not gonna do that, at least not now. I'm still at the replace forend & polish my bolt carrier phase... 1 thing at a time haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts