Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I currently have a compact Burris 3-9, but it's a little too long. I'm strongly thinking about the Nikon P-223 3x32, since it's only 8 inches long, and if you get the crossbow version, it doesn't have the big target turrets.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm running a basic Weaver K series 1-3x. It's short enough that you can field strip without removing the scope. Very light also. Leupold makes a 1-4 at nearly identical weight and length, but is more expensive. There are various versions of the Leupold including their Pig Plex with generic BDC, which might still be on sale at Midway. They also used to offer a "build your own custom scope" with custom BDC available.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm running a basic Weaver K series 1-3x. It's short enough that you can field strip without removing the scope.
This. (Or of course a red dot). The $175 Weaver 1-3x20 is 9.2 inches long, and is one of the very few scopes that's short enough to really be suitable for an SU-16. It's not quite perfect, a little shorter would be better, so I imagine the 8.8" long Nightforce NSX 1-4x24 might be even better, but it's over $1000. At 8" long, the Leupold FX-II 2.5x20 should fit very well, if you're happy with fixed power.

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use a TRS25 now mostly for fast acquisition, but I did have a cheap generic 'tactical' compact fixed 4x32 illuminated scope that didn't need to be removed to field strip the rifle. It worked okay for what it was, but probably wouldn't hold up to a lot of shooting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.