SU-22/PLR-22 instruction manual now on the website

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by ktwm, Apr 25, 2008.

1. ktwm

ktwm Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2004
    The PLR-22/SU-22 instruction manual is now on the Kel-tec website, in case you want to learn about it before you get one. It's linked in the downloads page.
    http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/downloads.htm

It also went to the printers today so that means we are one step closer to getting them shipped.  :)

It's Big, at 19MB so please be sure to right-click Save as.

2. Navy87Guy

Navy87Guy New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Re: SU-22/PLR-22 instruction manual now on the web

Man...that looks so sweet!

I'm going TDY for two weeks -- so that will probably get me the money for the SU-22 when it comes out!

Woohoo!  :D

Jim

3. treehuggermugger

treehuggermugger New Member

Mar 5, 2008

Wow that's great. Glad the manual is downloadable for the not-yet-existent 22's but the PF9 manual is nowhere to be found. What's the deal dudes? ;)

4. ktwm

ktwm Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2004

I knew I forgot something....

It should be up later today.

Edit:
    It's up  :)

5. treehuggermugger

treehuggermugger New Member

Mar 5, 2008

I am thoroughly impressed with how fast that got done ktwm. Thanks much! I (and I'm sure we) appreciate it!

6. p309

p309 New Member

Mar 10, 2009

I know that this is an old thread, but I thought I would update the link to the KelTec downloads page.  I don't know if it's elsewhere on this site (probably is), but here it is:
    http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/downloads.htm  

7. ktwm

ktwm Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2004

Thanks P309

I updated the main link to the new address (didn't even know it changed).

8. firedog

firedog New Member

Nov 5, 2010

That link no longer works. It defaults to their main page at http://www.keltecweapons.com/. Does anybody have a new one? I just picked up an SU22 and wanted to read a manual on how to take one down for cleaning. Does anybody have a copy? :-[

9. Deadmannumberone

Deadmannumberone New Member

Dec 6, 2010
  10. firedog

firedog New Member

Nov 5, 2010

Thanks for the update. I thought I was missing something when I couldn't find what wasn't there..
    We'll just have to keep an eye out for when they do show up...

11. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY

In the interim,you can call Kel-Tec customer service and request a manual. If you bought a used SU-22 and didn't receive a manual, Kel-Tec will mail you a printed manual at no cost.

Hopefully, they'll get the PDF back online. Customers expect such things, and given the prevalence of the internet and the relative ease of posting a PDF, it's not an unreasonable expectation.

I have the SU-22 manual as a PDF. If you want me to send you a copy, click the PM below this post to send me a personal message and include an email address where you'd like me to email your SU-22 manual.

12. firedog

firedog New Member

Nov 5, 2010

PM sent, Thank you very much...

13. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY

Oops!

The SU-22 / PLR-22 manual is a 19 MB PDF file which is a bit too big to email. I posted it to my server, but I'll only leave it up for a day. If anyone wants it, for the next day, it can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your hard drive so you have a local copy. (Right click, and Save As or something like that, depending on your computer)

http://209.197.93.201/plr-su-22_manual.pdf

Hopefully, Kel-Tec will get this fixed soon. The new site is a big improvement, but they need to put all their user manuals online as PDFs, and make them very easy to find.

14. Deadmannumberone

Dec 6, 2010

L4E, Save your bandwidth, I got it up on a free host.

Edit:
    Manual is now on KT site so linking the mirror is unnecessary.

15. firedog

firedog New Member

Nov 5, 2010

I got it, Thanks guys...

16. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY

I didn't want to leave the old SU-22 / PLR-22 user manual on a server for a long time because I got the impression that Kel-Tec might not have simply dropped the ball when porting the old website to the new one. They may have a correction or two to make to the user manual and might not want their old PDF out there. They certainly wouldn't want the old version available online once they posted a new version.

I doubt Kel-Tec would mind a temporary reposting of the manual they previously posted when they don't have an online manual available, but technically, this manual is copyrighted by Kel-Tec, and they own the rights to it. Posting it online, even temporarily as I did, is technically a copyright violation. I'm betting that Kel-Tec won't prosecute me for this relatively minor infraction.

17. Deadmannumberone

Dec 6, 2010

It is very hard to make an instruction/owner's manual that is copyrighted due to the fair use-instructional clause. As long as an instructional source remains unaltered, it can be shared freely and unrestrictedly. This becomes cloudy when original creative works (poems, fictional stories, etc.) are included in the manual, but none of that is present here.

My theory on why it isn't currently up is the fact that it doesn't cover the C and D versions of the SU-16.

18. henktermaat

henktermaat New Member

Dec 13, 2008

Looking for this manual. Going to try this rifle at Appleseed again with iron sights and I need the specs.

19. firedog

firedog New Member

Nov 5, 2010

Did you find the manual you were looking for on the SU-22? I Think I may have a copy. I'll PM you the address for download.

20. henktermaat

henktermaat New Member

Dec 13, 2008

That would be terrific, thank you! I can't find mine...