SU-22 Pics

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by p309, Mar 16, 2009.

1. p309

p309 New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hi- here is a picture of my SU-22 after installing the Kel-Tec pistol grip adapter, an M-4 style stock, a muzzle brake, and an inexpensive Powerline scope. The cheap Daisy scope has been a very good performer for 30 dollars, at least it is on the .22 that it came off of.
       I haven't fired the SU in this config yet. Sure do want to though!

The muzzle brake came from Cheaper Than Dirt, as did the stock. The brake was part of a CETME furniture kit that sells for 10 dollars-- heckuva deal.  http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MGR300-1.html    The bottom picture is some of the CETME furniture converted into my grandson's new practice rifle!   ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    That's one mean looking little SU-22!

Hopefully soon, your grandson can get in some trigger time on it too!

3. kristkustoms

kristkustoms New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    How long ago did you order your pistol grip? I've been checking the website since around Christmas, and they never seem to be in stock when I check!

4. p309

p309 New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hi kristkustoms--we ordered the pistol grip kit from a store on ebay. I forget the name of it, but I can look it up if you want. It's the KelTec kit, and it arrived very quickly.. like 2 or 3 days from day of order.

5. mkamer

mkamer New Member

May 19, 2005
    That is one awesome looking .22LR you have there!

6. TriggerlockSLC

TriggerlockSLC New Member

Nov 17, 2008
  7. p309

p309 New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Ugh! Of course, you're right--  that's where this post should have been placed to begin with.  :-[  Sorry about that.

8. lumber-jack

lumber-jack New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Now that's a 22 I can sink my teeth into!

Scope looks good on it too.

9. p309

p309 New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks for the comment, lumber-jack. I have put about 1500 rounds through it since adding the pistol grip and scope. Oh, and I've since added a small rail to the side of the fore-end and installed a small flashlight on that, and a put a vertical grip under the fore-end on the integral rail. I'll post pictures in the picture thread soon.
     I've never experienced any failures to feed or eject using Federal bulk. Sometimes with other ammo, I'll get an occasional failure of the rifle to fully chamber the next round, which seems kind of odd. I could understand it if the chamber was really dirty, but that's not the case.  I end up having to drop the mag, and let the bolt fly forward again to push the round that failed fully into the chamber. Overall, I like the way it handles, and as others have said, the sight picture doesn't move after firing a shot. Sweet! I don't have a set of scales, but the weight of the rifle increased considerably from it's factory configuration, of course.  Somewhat of a downer, but the rifle is still very light and easy to handle.

10. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk Active Member

Mar 5, 2009
  11. gatorglenn

gatorglenn New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Hi,

Where did you get the Kel-Tec pistol grip? I cannot find it so far. Your SU-22 looks great!!!

Thanks,
    Glenn

12. p309

p309 New Member

Mar 10, 2009
  13. gatorglenn

gatorglenn New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Glenn