Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a certain model of the SU-22, but I'm not sure what model that would be, and it seems that the vendors I see selling this rifle never mention what model they offer...

Here's what I want as a final product (but without the vertical foregrip):

Thanks to Liberty4Ever for the pic from another thread...He mentions that he added the stock from an SU-16C, but I've seen other pictures of SU-22s in this same configuration, and I'm guessing that not all those owners went that SU-16C route.

The Kel Tec CNC site is no help, since they show only a minimal amount of info on the rifle.

Any info/assistance here?
Thanks.

rict

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hello rict,

That is the charlie folding stock kit. You need to look under the OUR STORE section of the Kel-Tec site.
$148.40 .

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Whodat said:
Hello rict,

That is the charlie folding stock kit. You need to look under the OUR STORE section of the Kel-Tec site.
$148.40 .
If it's legal in your locale, go ahead and get an SU-16C to get a neat rifle along with the folding stock; like others, I simply swapped the stock/trigger groups, thereby giving myself an instant SU-22C and SU-16CA. ;) Swap back & forth as desired. :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
shep854 said:
[quote author=Whodat link=1291068307/0#1 date=1291092592]Hello rict,

$148.40 .
If it's legal in your locale, go ahead and get an SU-16C to get a neat rifle along with the folding stock; like others, I simply swapped the stock/trigger groups, thereby giving myself an instant SU-22C and SU-16CA. ;)  Swap back & forth as desired. :)[/quote]
That's what I did along with an AR stock kit. Just change configurations on either gun and it's like shooting a new one. Switch from A,C, and I think it’s called E model in .22 or .223. Really cool concept from Kel Tec.

·
Super Moderator
10,056 Posts
You might get lucky and find a cheap used Charlie stock in the KTOG Trading Post (if you have 25 posts or more) that's a leftover from someone upgrading their SU-16C to an SU-16E. The AR stock is a popular upgrade.

The vertical foregrip on the initial post was only on there for one range trip. It was fun, but not worth it. I wanted it as light as possible. I did go with a slightly heavier 3-9X32 Sightron scope last week (super nice!), and I bought a Victory sling from BlueForce Gear. Just as soon as I can find out which .22 LR ammo it likes best, I'll be the King Kamehameha at the next Appleseed Shoot. :)

I'll post some pictures of my new lean & mean setup in my ongoing SU-22 thread as soon as I install the sling.  :cool:

·
Registered
77 Posts
L4E,

Any new pictures yet?

hardcase60

·
Registered
428 Posts
mdsu16 said:
that is a great setup you have there!
Thanks, I'm changing it to a Sun Optics 3-9X32 Tactical Tri Rail Scope w/ a Tasco red dot on top. I'm nervous  about the scope because I can't find any opinion info on their optics.
Hopefully when it comes in it will work out and not be to tall.
>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts