SU-22 models?

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by rict, Nov 29, 2010.

1. rict

rict New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I'm looking to get a certain model of the SU-22, but I'm not sure what model that would be, and it seems that the vendors I see selling this rifle never mention what model they offer...

Here's what I want as a final product (but without the vertical foregrip):

[​IMG]
    Thanks to Liberty4Ever for the pic from another thread...He mentions that he added the stock from an SU-16C, but I've seen other pictures of SU-22s in this same configuration, and I'm guessing that not all those owners went that SU-16C route.

The Kel Tec CNC site is no help, since they show only a minimal amount of info on the rifle.

Any info/assistance here?
    Thanks.

rict

2. Whodat

Whodat New Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Hello rict,

That is the charlie folding stock kit. You need to look under the OUR STORE section of the Kel-Tec site.
    $148.40 .

3. rict

rict New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Ah ha! I see now...
    Thanks.

4. firedog

firedog New Member

Nov 5, 2010
  5. shep854

shep854 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    If it's legal in your locale, go ahead and get an SU-16C to get a neat rifle along with the folding stock; like others, I simply swapped the stock/trigger groups, thereby giving myself an instant SU-22C and SU-16CA. ;) Swap back & forth as desired. :)

6. firedog

firedog New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    If it's legal in your locale, go ahead and get an SU-16C to get a neat rifle along with the folding stock; like others, I simply swapped the stock/trigger groups, thereby giving myself an instant SU-22C and SU-16CA. ;)  Swap back & forth as desired. :)[/quote]
    That's what I did along with an AR stock kit. Just change configurations on either gun and it's like shooting a new one. Switch from A,C, and I think it’s called E model in .22 or .223. Really cool concept from Kel Tec.

7. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    You might get lucky and find a cheap used Charlie stock in the KTOG Trading Post (if you have 25 posts or more) that's a leftover from someone upgrading their SU-16C to an SU-16E. The AR stock is a popular upgrade.

The vertical foregrip on the initial post was only on there for one range trip. It was fun, but not worth it. I wanted it as light as possible. I did go with a slightly heavier 3-9X32 Sightron scope last week (super nice!), and I bought a Victory sling from BlueForce Gear. Just as soon as I can find out which .22 LR ammo it likes best, I'll be the King Kamehameha at the next Appleseed Shoot. :)

I'll post some pictures of my new lean & mean setup in my ongoing SU-22 thread as soon as I install the sling.  :cool:

8. hardcase60

hardcase60 New Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Central Texas
    L4E,

Any new pictures yet?

hardcase60

9. firedog

firedog New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Not sure if you ment rict's or anybodies. I'm still building mine...

[​IMG]

10. mdsu16

mdsu16 New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    that is a great setup you have there!

11. firedog

firedog New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Thanks, I'm changing it to a Sun Optics 3-9X32 Tactical Tri Rail Scope w/ a Tasco red dot on top. I'm nervous  about the scope because I can't find any opinion info on their optics.
    Hopefully when it comes in it will work out and not be to tall.
    >
    [​IMG]