SU-22 Bump Fire - 30 Rounds In 3.5 Seconds

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by Liberty4Ever, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Here's a video I made yesterday of my SU-22, doing a smoking 30 round bump fire with a Black Dog Gen III mag that okriii reworked. Sweeeeeeeet!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKSuNya17YQ[/ame]

PS - Suck it, ruger 10/22! :D

2. straydog

straydog New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Ok. That is seriously cool.

3. ktwm

ktwm New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    have you tried bumpfiring like that from the shoulder....it's pretty easy to do with a bump-stick. and then you can aim.

4. lschattler44

lschattler44 New Member

Mar 24, 2011
    First I've heard of this, but it looks WAY cool. What is 'bumpfire', and how does it work?

5. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    And you'll land in jail.... :)

I haven't tried bump firing from the shoulder. I did manage to strafe the boat that was out at 75 yards, as did one other shooter at the KTOG National Shoot last Sunday. Say, ktwm, when are you going to come to a KTOG National Shoot? You wouldn't need to bring any cool development toys or prototypes, although it'd be cool if you did.

The general consensus was that pseudo-aimed SU-22 bump firing from the hip could be useful if you had a lot of preloaded magazines, and you were dealing with a lot of zombie squirrels.

Basically, bump fire is providing a fixed point for trigger activation, forward pressure on the firearm to offset average recoil, and allowing the recoil impulses to reset the trigger so a semiautomatic weapon can fire again in rapid cyclic operation. It simulates full automatic weapons operation, although generally without the ability to aim with any accuracy. YouTube is your friend. So is Wikipedia.

Bump firing is mostly a method of wasting ammo and showing off under the guise of testing the ability of a magazine to feed quickly and reliably.

I swear, I was legitimately testing the overhauled magazine. ;)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  6. ktwm

ktwm New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    L4E basically covered it.
    Bumpfiring is just a rapid firing technique that works on most any semi-auto firearm. Some guns bump-fire easier than others.

You are basically using the recoil to help your finger (or stick in this instance) bump the trigger. Most 22's do not recoil enough to do this, but the SU-22 is light enough that it can work.

Since this is a "shooting technique" and not a modification of the gun itself. It is legal. But most shooting ranges may not let you do it, since you often do not have good control of where the rounds are going...

...It's fun, but not very useful....Unless you have an AR with one of these. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72USc0hXFcU[/ame]

FYI...I have not tried this stock, and cannot vouch for it....it's just pretty cool :)

7. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I recently received notification that the SSAR-15 stock is no longer allowed by the BATFE, and they reversed their ruling. It's now considered a machine gun. I looked online and didn't find anything, and in fact I saw a recent giveaway for the stock and the website claimed it was 100% legal and BATFE approved.

http://www.bumpfires.com

If that's true, I might be modifying a stock to allow bump firing! (SU-22 AND SU-16!)

At least they aren't banning shoe strings again.:rolleyes: