Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the add. I'm new to the site, and new to Keltec. I haven't been able to take it to the range yet, but tried to sight it in with a LiteSite. It was to the left at least 5" at 24' and high. I was able to get it adjusted in, but that's only at 24 feet. I have a scope and red dot mounted, and the adjusting screw for the red dot to take it right far enough is now sticking out (almost like it's about to fall out). Is there a way of adjusting the rail? If not, I'll have to send it back to Keltec, or shim the front and back of the rail mount, which I can probably do as it's a quick-detach, but would rather not. Looking for ideas. Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
What scope, red dot and mount are you using? If the barrel is that far out of alignment with the upper it would be fairly obvious, but I would be more suspicious of the mount.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stevanovich,
The setup is an NcStar Ultimate Sighting System Gen 2. Wasn’t expensive, but seems to have decent reviews. I’ve seen some posts where the barrel & rail didn’t align very good. Just wondering if that was the case here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I see, seems a few reviews mention issues with that RDS. What about the scope, were you able to zero it normally? If so, I'd adjust the dot back near the middle of its travel and loosen up the RDS mount on the bench to see if I could get it close to the scope's aiming point. Either the screws that hold the dot to the mount, the mount that attaches it to the scope, or both may have some play that persists after it's torqued back down for a gross adjustment.

Clamp a good long straightedge against the rail and you can measure any misalignment between it and the barrel with calipers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surprisingly, the scope and the RDS were set close to the same spot. I had to adjust both to the right and down, based on the SiteLite and their software target.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts