Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post has been long delayed, but here it is. A few months ago I decided on a sling plan for my SU-16C. I went with a kit from Urban ERT Slings.

Their slings are convertible from 1-point to 2-point. I am using the sling as a 1-point. I bought one of their slings with a GT-MIL-FORCE Swivel Stud Adapter (scroll down about 1/4 of the way).

To attach the sling to the SU-16C I replaced the stud at the point where the SU-16C folds with a KNS Pivot Pin w/ Sling Stud from Midway USA.

And that's all there is to it! This was simple, quick, looks professional and works well. The SU-16C is held in place well, the swivel attaches at the correct spot & it doesn't interfere with your grip on the firearm.

Pics are below.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Might want to make an appointment with a kidney doc though, that jaundice is pretty advanced... :D

Nice setup BTW, more thought put into it than most I've seen. That's the fun of Kel-Tec long guns, people are coming up with new setups all the time. ARs, well, they're pretty much figured out by now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't shot my SU16C a lot (hard to find a place to shoot around me) so I can't really comment on the reliability/durability.

But, so far so good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the KNS push pin .250 but the length seems to be just short to get the sling stud to clamp on securely. Is there a specific length for the KNS pin? Or is it just one length?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I purchased the KNS push pin .250 but the length seems to be just short to get the sling stud to clamp on securely. Is there a specific length for the KNS pin? Or is it just one length?
Not sure what the problem is. I went back to my order email to double check the part number. it is 384739 from Midway USA (which the link in the original post goes to). That it's what I ordered and I didn't have to do anything special. It all seemed to fit perfectly.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Sean

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everything I bought is, basically, listed in the 1st post. I assume you're looking for details on the Urban ERT Sling Options.

Their sight IS a bit confusing as it looks like they've got a buncha different products but they really only have 1 or 2 slngs and then a bunch of plug in adapters.

If you want what I got go here
http://www.urbanertslings.com/single-point.html

Pick a color
Select "GT-MIL-FORCE Swivel Stud Adapter-26" for the One Point Rear Adapter Selection
Select None for the Two Point Sling Adapter
Select No for the Weapons Catch Adapter
Select No for the AR-15 Sling Plate

The buy the Pivot Pin for Midway and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ahh ok. That is what was confusing me. This sling looks perfect for my needs and similar to what was comfy for me in the sandbox. Thank you again! :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do you think you need a thick sling like that for such a light weight rifle? I am thinking of piecing together a setup very similar to yours, only using 1.5" webbing for the sling instead of buying one. Thoughts?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you think you need a thick sling like that for such a light weight rifle? I am thinking of piecing together a setup very similar to yours, only using 1.5" webbing for the sling instead of buying one. Thoughts?
I think you could definitly get away with a less robust sling on this rifle.

Despite the thread being titled for (and having lots of pictures of) the Urban ERT Sling the "important" part is really the KNS Pin. You should be good to go with any Single Point Sling that terminates in a Swivel style connector.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Begley: another way to go is to use 2 ea. 5.11 BDU belts for your sling, or just use a length of 1.5" strapping.

The pics of the Ruger GSR have the belt method and the SU16 has the Strap method. The only thing to add are the 1.5" buckles available at most any Hardware store. The BDU belt sling on the GSR also works like a "Ching Sling" for slinging up when transitioning to a braced shooting position. IE you stick you elbow into the loop as you descend into the new position.

I have been sold on the 1.5" size for most all my guns for some time as it spreads the weight out over a larger area. On a heavier gun this really makes sense, but even on the SU16 which weighs a little over 6 lbs. as pictured it makes standing around waiting much easier on you.:D

Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Begley: another way to go is to use 2 ea. 5.11 BDU belts for your sling, or just use a length of 1.5" strapping.

The pics of the Ruger GSR have the belt method and the SU16 has the Strap method. The only thing to add are the 1.5" buckles available at most any Hardware store. The BDU belt sling on the GSR also works like a "Ching Sling" for slinging up when transitioning to a braced shooting position. IE you stick you elbow into the loop as you descend into the new position.

I have been sold on the 1.5" size for most all my guns for some time as it spreads the weight out over a larger area. On a heavier gun this really makes sense, but even on the SU16 which weighs a little over 6 lbs. as pictured it makes standing around waiting much easier on you.:D

Randy

·
Registered
62 Posts
Uh oh, I don't know what I did but something went wrong.

My SU now looks like this:

the nub that is supposed to hold my stock open is now WAY too high (putting the pivot pin in only lowers it like 1/4" and it won't close) am I missing something?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You need to remove the pin and take the grip apart. Get the catch back where it goes and reinstall the pin.

I don't have my SU-16C in front of me but this is definitely fixable.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts