Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
I can not really say a lot about the TAC version.

My SU-16C may be pretty similar.

As far as i know all KT rifles are chambered for 5.56. This means that it can shoot the higher pressure 5.56 and certainly can shoot .223.

Most of the cartridges I shoot are a 55 grain bullet going at about 3200 fps. I get good accuracy with this cartridge from my AR's. With open sights at 50 yards i can typically get about 1.2cm-2cm groups (0.5" to 0.75") with an AR 15.

However

With my SU 16c it is not as accurate with this load.
About the best I have been able to do with a 55 grain bullet at 3200 fps is about 2-3cm groups at 50 yards.

This pretty acceptable accuracy. However I really believe the only interesting guns are accurate guns.

I probably am not going to spend a lot of time trying to build a load that maximizes performance for the SU-16c.

However since it has a 1:7 twist it might be interesting to see how it does with a 69 grain bullet going around 3000 fps. In fact next time I go out I am going to try that. I will let you know what I find out.

· Registered
162 Posts
I shoot almost exclusively with 55gr .223 loads, and I get pretty decent accuracy with it. I would be pretty confident scoring hits out to 300 or 400 yards most likely.

I would agree with the idea of shooting 5.56 or .223 with 69 grain loads and see if it shoots tighter groups.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.