Su 16 for sale SPF!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by mattparliament, Jun 20, 2009.

1. mattparliament

mattparliament New Member

Aug 5, 2008
  2. mattparliament

Aug 5, 2008
    Re: Su 16 for sale

I would give it to you guys for $500 though ;)

3. Billy_B_A

Billy_B_A Banned

Apr 18, 2009

i wish that i had found out about this offer a month ago , before i bought my gsg-5 - i would have jumped on this instaed of the gsg-5 ?? im looking into trading my sub2000 for a su-16 at the gun and knife show next month ? good luck tho brother - nice deal ;)

4. mattparliament

Aug 5, 2008

just collect the whole set! ;)

5. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Hampton,Georgia
    Hi Matt,

When are we going to be able to move on this purchase? Has your FFL guy got back from vacation yet? My guy is ready.

Thanks,
    Grizzly

6. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Hampton,Georgia
  7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

To both the buyer and seller here:

If you are going to use the Trading Post you must read and follow the rules.

Grizzly:  These are your only posts in this thread and apparently you contacted the seller without posting in the thread as required.  Nor did you ever post a desire to buy the item.  Under our rules, had someone posted "I'll take it" even after your contact, agreement to buy, etc, having followed the rules, they would have been the recognized buyer.  As you can imagine, that would have created a problem.

Mattparliment:  The seller here also has an obligation to follow the rules.  It appears that neither of you bothered to read them.  Again, during the lengthy time period that this sale took, anyone could have posted and "I'll take it" and you would have been obligated to sell to them rather than Grizzly.  You should have informed him that he needed to post his desire to buy the rifle before committing to the sale.

The rules are not hard to locate. In fact, they are intentionally hard to miss.  They are stickied at the top on this forum under the following title:
    Trading Post Rules - READ BEFORE VIEWING

8. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Hampton,Georgia
    I am sorry about not following the rules. If any one else wants it I will sell it to them for what I paid for it plus costs, FFl transfer fees and shipping.

Please forgive me it won't happen again. I truly did not look at the thread  again until yesterday and that is why I posted I bought it.

9. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Your offer is generous but unnecessary since no one else expressed an interest. The problem would have occurred had someone else posted "I'll Take it" during the time you contacted the seller without posting and arranged to buy, and the time that the sale actually happened. There would have been a conflict over who should get it. Fortunately, that did not happen and everyone dodged a bullet. This is why we have rules designed to clearly establish who bought something. Enjoy the rifle. ;)

10. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Hampton,Georgia
    I understand and it won't happen again. There wouldn't have been a problem with me because I don't need it anyway so I would have let some one else have it if they wanted it due to the error in following the rules. The offer to sell still stands but it would cost more because I have already bought some parts that were for sale on this site even though I paid for but haven't gotten the rifle yet.

There shouldn't be a problem with me because I will never sell a weapon here or any where else. In the last 35 years I have only sold two weapons and regretted both. I will never sell another. However I buy all my budget will stand so I should be a benefit to the site.

11. mattparliament

Aug 5, 2008
    Grizz~
    just throw an "I'll Take It" on the next post... ;)

12. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Hampton,Georgia
  13. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Now that is how it's done. Better late than never. :)