Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Is their any other options other than the Kel Tec made charging handle for the SU 16? Any other companies making handles for these guns? Thanks
I note that you say handle, not handles. KelTec does make an optional replacement too.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I currently have the deflector handle but find it kicks the empty shells back into the breach sometimes. May look at getting the original handle.
Doa search and you'll find a little secret. The deflector handle has as it's core the original charging handle. KT just molds the new deflector over the stock charging handle. A sharp knife can remove the plastic and then you have the stock steel charging handle.

Pic from the internet....

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I currently have the deflector handle but find it kicks the empty shells back into the breach sometimes. May look at getting the original handle.
As haugrdr said, cut it off. If you still get ejected cases back in the breech, come back and we'll discuss some of the other options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.