Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen any other posts about this and I was curious: does anyone know what the little "L" shaped cutouts by the feet of the integrated bipod are for? I was guessing maybe for attaching something in front of the mag well or for when the bipod is deployed they could make it so you could tie each leg down to something. Neither really seems very useful to me so I'm also assuming I am missing the point entirely.

Unrelated- I see a lot of people posting pictures of their SU with a long scope fixed to the top. I had to set mine pretty far back on the receiver in order to allow the gas piston to lift up with enough of an angle to actually slide out for cleaning. It works fine as it is with the eye relief, it just looks goofy. Do these people just never clean their rifle or are they, like me, in for a rude awakening when they decide to take it down and realize they're going to need to sight in their scope again?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First two pictures are of the notches I'm talking about, second two pictures show how a longer optic has to be set far back enough to not interfere with the gas piston as you remove it from the receiver at that angle that allows the bolt to slip down.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
On the SU-16C, the ends of the butt fold into the notches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts