Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sounds sorta dumb but I thought I'd give it a shot.  With everyone polishing the feed ramps on pistols, would it be beneficial to polish the bullet it self to help it feed probably wouldnt want to do it to your range ammo but maybe your carry ammo? Granted you wouldnt want to use a dremel or anything but maybe some sand paper or something.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I wouldn't use sand paper though..
Scotch brite or steel wool, something to make them shine. especially do not smooth out the lip at the case mouth.

Also, for carry. be sure to throughly clean and used gloves to load magazine (no fingerprints) ;)

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Two Pistol Packer said:
  Wouldn't doing this be courting a charge of premeditated murder?...
Not if they are FMJ. Most definately if they were JHP ;)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Wouldn't doing this be courting a charge of premeditated murder?

Not if they are FMJ. Most definately if they were JHP

OK you lost me here a little confused why illegal just polishing the ammo. I know you cant alter the ammo legally from the original mfg and if you do and end up putting down a bg and its found out your up the creek dose polishing fall under that same law as altering the ammo for use.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, the fact that the defendant intentionally removed beforehand all traces of himself even from the cartridges in the murder weapon, conclusively proves premeditated intent to commit this crime."

Packer

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
OK 2p did the shark thing now ill do Perry mason

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, the fact that the defendant did not leave any trace of himself was due to his cleaning practice of his weapons using gloves to prevent the solvents used in the cleaning leaching into his system and causing him harm which includes wiping down the ammunition as he places it into the weapons magazine to clean off dirt and prevent corrosion from forming on the bullet casings that could cause a malfunction of the weapon when needed for his protection. ;D

Damn i watch to much corttv i need to get a life

·
Registered
357 Posts
What does removing finger prints from the cartridge - before you load them - have to do with premeditation?

It depends -

Shoot someone you know - like a person you have been having problems with - say the boss who fired you LAST YEAR - or the guy that cheated you out of $$ in a business deal - it would look premeditated.

Shoot someone who you did not even know at the time you are loading the gun - because they are trying to stab you and take your wallet - and it would be much harder to prove premeditation.

I have never wiped the finger prints off cartridges - but if you ever get oil on them it is a good idea to clean it off.

This is foolish - but if you want to get this far out - wouldn't - The fact that you just loaded the gun mean you were planning on shooting someone?

·
Registered
146 Posts
orientalexpress said:
This sounds sorta dumb but I thought I'd give it a shot. With everyone polishing the feed ramps on pistols...
What kind of sweeping generality is that, "everyone polishes feed ramps?" I don't. Never did. Don't need to. And I've got the dreaded parkerized version. Who conducts your polls, the Democratic National Committee? But, like the DNC, if you say a lie often enough, it will seem like fact to those who are uninformed of the truth.

Sandpapering the ogive of a bullet that's already smoother than even 1500 grit wet sandpaper could just make David Letterman's Top 10 list of dumbest questions ever asked on KTOG. That's not a sweeping generality, just my opinion.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
onefunzr2 said:
What kind of sweeping generality is that, "everyone polishes feed ramps?" I don't. Never did. Don't need to. And I've got the dreaded parkerized version. Who conducts your polls, the Democratic National Committee? But, like the DNC, if you say a lie often enough, it will seem like fact to those who are uninformed of the truth.
War the use of literary devices

Ever heard of a hyperbole? (I'll kindly save you the trouble so you don't have to waste a googles bandwidth. See below. ) I guess not. Clearly EVERYONE hasn't polished their feed ramp as not everyone owns a gun or needs to. But I would guess that more people on the board that post regularly have than haven't. That's strictly my opinion.

From wikipedia.
Largely synonymous with exaggeration and overstatement , hyperbole is a figure of speech in which statements are exaggerated or extravagant. It may be used due to strong feelings or is used to create a strong impression and is not meant to be taken literally. It gives greater emphasis . It is often used in poetry and is a literary device . As well as a referendum

·
Registered
465 Posts
A revolver solves both problems, feeding issues and empty brass laying around.

Of course whether the person you shoot be they friend or foe or someone you just don't know, if you don't stick around to own up to it, your getting off to a bad start in pending legal matters, even if you could hire Perry Mason.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.