Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went looking today for a .380 specifically. Stumbled upon the Kel-Tec and immediately fell in love. After a search of 3 local shops (none could keep them in stock) I found one with an attractive olive grip. Paid $260 in box. (good deal?) It feels great in my hands and will do fine as a backup. However, I noticed the magazine needs quite a smack to fully seat. Otherwise it just falls out. Is there a quick remedy or will I just have to get used to smacking the crap out of the mag on reloads?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Tauby, if you have one round in the chamber and a full magazine, it could just be a stiff magazine spring. If so it will loosen up in a few weeks. This minor glitch is an excellent excuse to buy a couple of extra magazines even if that’s not the problem :D

Wilson – who’s clouds have hard chrome linings instead of silver

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
DO NOT smack it to seat it.
SMACKING is Always Bad!

You will rather quickly find the plastic magazine catch has been ruined, and no magazine will stay in the gun.

Proper use of these guns should be, hold the release in as you seat the magazine. If it won't lock, squeeze with your hand & thumb around the top of the slide and bottom of magazine until it does.

rcmodel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.