Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away from Keltecs for awhile and am considering a PF9 for what I consider to a fairy low-stress, low-danger environment up north. I have a gun lined up for $256 out the door but want to verify that I can securely attach the Streamlight for home defense.

I haven't shot a PF9 for nearly seven years and the last time I owned one I tried shooting +P ammo ... a big mistake. Now that I've had good experiences with Federal HST 124 grain standard pressure, I'm thinking this might a nice alternative with the tac light and as a deep concealment weapon that's a big step up from my Ruger LCP2.

Thanks for any information on the light and I was also wondering if a liberal wiping with a silicone cloth after each exposure to perspiration will help keep the rust away from the slide and other metal parts. If not, I suppose I could send the slide away for Cerakoting or Duracoating, but I've had limited experience with either technique.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I don't have a streamlight, but the PF-9 does have a rail. IIRC I've seen pics of it being done. Have you even done any searches, research here?
Looked at the pic thread? Check us out, there's years of experience in this forum....

And hopefully someone will respond with a positive answer to your question....

I am unsure if deep concealment and streamlight go in the same category...

And you have to keep it clean and wiped down if you have corrosion issues.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 850. I did a brief review of the first couple pages in this forum, but that's about it. I understand about deep concealment and the light, but at least with this particular model, it's relatively easy to remove ... I had a Glock 43 with a different Streamlight and you had to use an allen wrench to remove three screws in order to get it off. Most of the time, the light will stay on the gun which will remain dedicated to home defense.

·
Registered
42 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.