Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just bought a KSG online and I'm gathering upgrades waiting for its arrival. I have seen concern about the safety of the gun due to its short length leaving the ability to put a hand in front of the barrel. I have seen plenty of people buying upgraded rails and either vertical or angled foregrips. I was wondering if anyone has attempted to add a nylon "sling" for lack of better term to the fore-end. It seems like a simple solution to actually prevent the hand from slipping forward enough to be dangerous. I will provide an example picture of what I mean. I am not sure how this would be modified for a picatinny rail, but it seems doable.

·
Registered
232 Posts
That's entirely doable on the KSG.
About all that's really needed is to drill 2 holes in each side of the handle, 4 total, and use Chicago screw posts or just short bolts and nuts to mount a nylon strap.

If you want to get fancier you could use some sort of sling mounts attached to the rail and the nylon strap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I was thinking some sling mounts might be the least invasive option. I think I might do that instead of a foregrip. I've never cared much for the ergonomics of vertical foregrips and this seems like an easy solution on the safety side of things

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'd look for the smallest swivels I could find, and for a 1 inch width strap, unless you prefer a standard 1 1/4 inch strap.
I'd recommend swivels that don't rotate.

Something like this would be good.........

Also, check Amazon, they often sell items like this at much lower prices that are usable quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts