Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, today was my second trip to the range since I got my slide back from Florida.  I originally had the recoil spring hanging out the end, after about 75 rounds.  Anyway, this makes about 100 rounds, on the new slide, and this thing has been perfect. Absolutely no problem.  I installed the washer and I can't really see any peening around the guide rod hole, even though the metal on the new slide doesn't appear much thicker than the original. The washer must be doing it's job.  At this point I have confidence in the gun.  It will go bang, multiple time, if I need it to.

Why do I keep thinking about a .32 Seecamp?????  I paid about $260.00 for a gun that is working, why do I feel like I need a $400.00 gun?  Someone talk me out of this madness. :-/

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you start feeling antsy, I recommend doing what I did. Purchase additional Kel-Tec pistols. Now that you have the P-3AT, you need to start looking at the other models.

Good luck,
BC

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Hmm, I don't know why you'd want a heavier, more expensive, ammo selective gun of a lesser caliber.

Actually, I think the Seecamps are pretty cool but the 380s are pushing a grand. If I found a used Seecamp 32 for a good price, curiosity might get the best of me.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I once though about Seacamp..
To me it has that secret agent mystique.  (already gave up on finding an ASP)
But I was cured when I picked one up and compared the P3AT.

So I would recomend you find one, pick it up, maybe slip it into your pocket.  It is the only way to quench that strange desire.  And If it doesn't ....get it and enjoy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I think the Seecamps are pretty cool but the 380s are pushing a grand.
Yeah, I have paid over $700.00 for a Sig, but I don't think a $1000.00 pocket pistol is anywhere in my future. I could possibly see a $400.00 one though.

I'd get a P-32 and see if that does not cure you of your Seecamp lust.
I have been thinking about that. It doesn't seem like the P-32 has as many problems. From what I hear, there is not that much difference between a .32 and a .380 from a short barrel. Guess I'll just have to work through this. Might be easier if I didn't know where a Seecamp was. Maybe it's already gone, then I won't have to worry about it. I really don't need another gun, right? I mean, you can get too many, right?

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
I OWNED a Seecamp once. A thick little lump of heavy iron in my pocket. No Sights, no accuracy. Once I tried the thinner, much lighter, and more powerful P3AT, I sold the Seecamp and have never missed it. Oh yeah, it is VERY ammo selective.

Packer.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Second trip to the range is just about the right time to buy at least 2 more guns.
Can't shoot just one.
Seecamp will just breed more wanton desire for another Kel Tec.
Go ahead time will make the desire grow and grow. ;D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Two Pistol Packer said:
  I OWNED a Seecamp once. A thick little lump of heavy iron in my pocket. No Sights, no accuracy. Once I tried the thinner, much lighter, and more powerful  P3AT, I sold the Seecamp and have never missed it. Oh yeah, it is VERY ammo selective.
I did have an NAA Guardian .380 for about 2 weeks. If the Seecamp is anything like that, I might have just lost the urge. The NAA was made from some outer space metal that is heavier than anything found on earth. I did not like it in my pocket at all. I ended up trading it for a S&W 642. I know where a Seecamp is, I've looked at it in the case, but I have never held it. It is considerably smaller than the NAA though. Might have to follow JFB's advice, and try it in the pocket.

G

·
Muddflap said:
... I really don't need another gun, right? I mean, you can get too many, right?

TxCajun...

You have tolerated my many thread hijacks, mustard wars, and other indiscretions on this board.  I, along with others , consider you to be a very wise, honorable, and TOLERANT administrator.  However; I do not see how we will survive here if you do not ban Muddflap and this heresy that he is attempting to spread.  I think he should be banned or severely censured immediately.

I know I will put him on IGNORE at least!

Too many guns indeed!

;D  P.S.   Glad you are happy with the washers Mudflapp, but please watch the language!  ;D

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Nu_Agin_Shooter said:
[quote author=Muddflap link=1187573604/0#5 date=1187575241]... I really don't need another gun, right? I mean, you can get too many, right?
I think he should be banned or severely censured immediately.
[/quote]

and oh ya, send me all his "too many" guns!!!

-Scott

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
LOL! At least we lost no time in making him see the error of his ways!

I've never felt the draw to a Seecamp. Interesting guns but the design seems slightly obsolete in the "P3-AT Era". Kind of like buying a P38 9mm for personal defense when there are so many more advanced and lighter designs now. Sure, its solid and a good performer for its time, but the modern designs have a number of advantages.

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
JFB said:
[quote author=nicneufeld link=1187573604/0#14 date=1187638794]Kind of like buying a P38 9mm for personal defense...
>:( and whats wrong with the P38
[/quote]

What he said! >:( >:(

G

·
Muddflap said:
For some strange reason, I feel the urge to go out and buy at least 2 of something, if I can find a shop open on Mondays.
;D WOOO HOOO Once again PEER PRESSURE rules the day!   ;D

Quote from Muddflap:
I really don't need another gun, right? I mean, you can[highlight] never[/highlight] get too many, right?

Did I get the quote right Muddflapp?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.