My perfectly preforming new P17 started having problems on 3rd day of shooting.
Using the same ammo, CCI HP mm 36gr, Aguila 40 gr SE, and REM 40gr Thunderbolt, that had preformed without any issues I started to get 2 - 5 stove pipe partial ejections with each mag.
I had gently cleaned after each of the first two sessions.
At home I discovered that the tiny extractor (part 114) hook would not move without very firm finger pressure.
Remembering a video of dismantling the bolt (111) I knew there is a very tiny spring that should flex and let the extractor move to preform its function,. This was not happening.
That video was very helpful and gave me confidence to dive in and fix this.
Needed to Carefully use my roll pin punches ( correct sizes) to help get the bolt from the slide, and again to loosen the extractor pin (130) . And very carefully removed the extractor and insured that the tiny spring would not get away.
Found some dirt, but discovered the extractor had a wear line along the entire length through the finish on one side. Looking for the cause of this wear mark, I found a sharp burr restricting the extractor slot and finally almost freezing it in place.
Cleaned up that edge a bit, cleaned up the firing pin and channel, very light lube, reassembled.
Using the pin punch helped me get the spring and extractor realigned.
Now the little extractor and spring moves again as it should.
Have not been able to get back to the range, but some bench testing with spent empty cases, the P17 can now fling the cases out again.
One correction for the video instructions:
The screws holding the cover/slide/bolt together is now a T20 Torx.l
Thank-you to whoever made this video, shared it with us at on this forum, You saved me from having to ship my P17 across the country.
Sorry I did not get a picture of the wear mark on the extractor.
Will update when I can verify all functionality back to perfection.