Stopping in to say, "hello"

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Offduty, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Offduty

Offduty New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    I just bought a P3AT a couple of months ago and thought I'd stop in to say hi. I'm having no FTF's or FTE and love this gun as a back up while on-duty and pocket gun when off.
    So, what is the best ammo for this gun? [smiley=lolk.gif]

Just kidding, I know y'all get bombed with this question. I'm carrying DPX if anyone cares.
    Look forward to meeting some of you and learning from Wilson's astute knowledge [smiley=grin.gif]

Offduty-----Who is really not!

2. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Welcome!!!! There is certainly a wealth of knowledge to be found here. It was this forum that persuaded me to purchase my p3at.

3. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Me three, just kidding. Also just received my laser which I hope to assemble tomorow, then to the range befor my knee scope Wed. A.M.

4. raybsc

raybsc New Member Supporter

Oct 9, 2006
    hello Offduty
    P3AT has been hard to beat as a pocket gun.
    I tried several different types of ammo and ended up with Remington Golden Saber.
    The others all worked but the Sabers have never failed.
    I guess I like the shape of the bullet- rounded.
    Your are right the question has been asked many times.
    You can run a search and read all the different tests and takes on 380 ammo.
    BTW be careful out there.
    raybsc

5. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Welcome Offduty,

The best ammo is .380 :eek:

Edit: on a serious note, stay away from the steel cased stuff

6. cclem700

cclem700 New Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Welcome OD,

DPX is probably the most popular for the 3AT. I have DPX but tend to carry powrball most of the time (I have some of the older HOT version 70 grain 1220 fps) Best part of a 3AT is it's an "always have it" gun :cool:

7. Offduty

Offduty New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Yeah, the ammo question on gun boards is similar to the oil thread on motorcycle forums. There will always be a kazillion threads on one topic, then there will be someone say, "It would help if you'd not be stupid and use the search function". [smiley=laugh.gif]
    I'm on Glocktalk as Glocknarc if anyone goes there.
    Take care.

8. Welocome Glocknarc...

I was scarted for a minute,  I thought you were here to bust the unfaithful KTOGERS that also owned Glocks!   ;D

Glad to have ya here, but a word of caution....  if you listen to Wilson to much, you will wind up with at least 5 or 6 3AT's in you back pocket!

Some of us got here with one, then...

[​IMG]

But .........and this is just between you and I , I also have Glocks!

9. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Welcome. DPX seems to be the standard, if you gun likes it.

wyo-man

P.S. "I thought you were here to bust the unfaithful KTOGERS that also owned Glocks!"
    Don't own one, never shot one........I'm safe !! ;)

10. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Welcome aboard!

The Corbon folks designed the .380 DPX round AROUND the P3-AT. If your's feeds it, I'd carry it!

It's in all carry weapons in the house.

11. Offduty

Offduty New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Sorry about the name change. I registered yesterday while at work and didn't even think about using the same name as I have on Glock Talk. I changed it today to make it easier, in case anyone uses Glock Talk or vise versa.
    Yeah, I know Wilson will rub off on me. My wife saw where Wilson was getting a Kel for everyday of the week for his wife. My wife thought that was a great idea. THANKS ALOT, WILSON!

12. Offduty

Offduty New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    I did not know this. Good to know, and explains why it works and is so dang expensive!

13. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    If you would rather shoot FMJ, Two Pistol Packer did an excellent wet pack study not long ago that showed the American Eagle .380 95 gr FMJ to have the best penetration of the FMJ's.

If you want to go with JHP, then the Corbon DPX is the favorite.