Stolen PF-9 Indianapolis IN

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by XDDan, Jul 17, 2009.

1. XDDan

XDDan New Member

Oct 31, 2005
    If this is not in the correct place please help me out.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but just a quick heads up in case someone comes across this gun in it's travels. I tried to post this in the "Classified" section but now I guess you have to have 50 posts to start a thread there which has changed since I've last visited.

It's a Kel-Tec PF-9 with Silver slide and black lower. It also had a Hogue style grip on it that was trimmed to fit. It's serial number is R7J48. It was in a fitted Don Hume reddish brown leather holster.
    It was stolen from my vehicle on July 14 2009 early in the morning...lock was slim jimmed and some other random stuff was taken but this is the important thing.

I've reported it to the police and it is now on file as stolen.  I purchased this gun from a member here, but my name is escaping me right now...maybe he will chime in.  We made a sales contract that I signed, and now I'm glad we/he did that.  I was careless in leaving the gun in the console because I was very tired after a long day of work...I went to bed and my last thought was "Oh, I left the Kel-Tec in they console, I need to get it....no...Im really tired, it'll be fine just this once."  Clearly I was wrong, and I normally AM WRONG every time I ignore my common sense and or instincts.  Hopefully this will serve as a reminder so my mistakes can save you some heart ache, and worry.  

I doubt this will help but you never know...if you come across it call the police. Thanks for looking.

2. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    hopefully it will turn up with out anyone getting hurt by it,maybe a pawn shop or ??I`ve had my cars broken to three times and glove box and console rilfed through looking for whatever..anytime I have to leave my carry piece in the vechicle because of a restricted area, I lock it in the trunk not that they can`t break into it but they are less likely to I think..anyway good luck..and a good lesson for everyone who leaves guns in cars over night..

3. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA
    You may want to try posting on a few other sites as well. I know AR15.com has a stolen firearms list that you can add it to. I hope you get it back, and I realy hope the dirtbag thief gets caught! I'm a cop and I hate to see people leaving guns in cars to be stolen by punks that are now armed to shoot at me or other folks, but at least you had the sense to lock the car up. I get tired of going to houses and hearing people complain that their thousand dollar gun was stolen out of their unlocked vehicle because they thought they shouldn't have to lock their doors. Thanks for posting that, and I hope it's a reminder to anybody who may fall under the impression that their stuff is safe in their car. Thieves are everywhere!

4. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    there is no "classified" section here, and this and the counter would be the right place. the trading post is as close as you get to a clasiffied.

good luck finding it.

5. poppo

poppo Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2008