Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I wish to buy and store most commonly failed KSG components. I've only had mine for a few months so am not sure of what to stock.

My ask. If you have had your KSG for more than one year, what parts have you found needed replacing or wanted to replace proactively?

I will be stocking magazine springs, but not sure what else.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
422 Posts
"Need" & "want" are not the same. Nothing on mine has "needed" replacement, although I did replace the followers per my preference, and added other items per my preference.

·
Registered
329 Posts
It seems that when you stock parts that "might" break, some other part will break.

If I had to stock spares I'd go with the extractor and spring, the firing pin, the cross pins for the extractor and firing pin, the selector switch and tiny Allen bolt and washer, and one outer shell stop.
I just don't see much else that's prone to breakage, and nothing in the trigger assembly is suspect or easily gotten to.

All this comes down to a guessing game, and it's like picking a lottery number to win. Whatever you buy you'll probably never need.
One suggestion in these cases is to buy another gun. If one breaks use the other one until you can get it fixed.
They don't need to be the same type gun.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Regular pins are easy to source.

Extractor. That flat spring in the fore end. Screw that holds the magazine selector. Firing pin.

But seriously.... Maybe just that flat spring, as its prone to rust over the long haul.

If i was going deep bugout my parts list would be one of everything, by way of a whole spare KSG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts