Stock Questions: Length of pull, weight

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by cheerIO, Feb 15, 2010.

1. cheerIO

cheerIO New Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Hi Guys/Gals,

I am seriously considering an SU 22 but I had some questions about the various stocks that are available.

These are the stocks I am wondering about:

Stock CA stock
    "Charlie" type folding stock
    "E" type AR collapsible

1. Has anyone measured the length of pull with these stocks? It does not seem to be listed in the specs on KelTec's website. I'm not too big, but 13.5" (10/22 range) seems a little short for me. For this reason I am leaning toward the "E" type but I still have not found any LOP data on that either.

2. Anyone know the weight of these different configurations? I assume the "Charlie" stock would be the lightest. But exactly how much would the "E" type add?

3. Is the "E" type 6 position?

4. Any experience or recommendations welcome.

Background: I was originally considering getting a 10/22 and dressing it in a Tapco stock. But then I learned about the SU 22. I already own a P3AT and a PLR 16 and love KelTec's products, so the SU 22 would fit right in. I am looking for a tactical practice gun and also something light enough that I could strapto my pack and take into the woods with me.

Thanks.

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I believe the SU-22 is currently only available in the CA configuration so that is how you must buy it.  If the lop doesn't work you can either but the conversion kit only and pick your own AR-type collapsible stock, or you can order one that comes with a stock.  I'm not sure which stock that is but KT can probably tell you.  In any case, you should be able to set it up in a way that works for you.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/cart2/index.php?cPath=9_19