STILL WAITING

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Spook, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    im a lil miffed right now >:(.... back in december, the 17th to be exact i purchased a pair of p3ats from one of the local stores here in jacksonville. a hard chrome on blue for the woman for christmas ,which was in stock ,and a hard chrome on black for me that had to be ordered. i like the place. have confidence in them and i know its not their fault. they gave me a decent price on them but im sure they are getting sick of hearing me call and ask" is it in yet".  well here it is feb 10th and they still have not recieved my order. i understand kt was closed for extended period at christmas but still does it take this long to get a gun in? from my understanding or possibly missunderstanding they havent ran the 380 line yet this year.... anyone have any ideas on when they might get the ball rolling again? i have a new armalaser still siting in the box waiting for its buddy so they can go shooting and its getting impatient. not to mention the hard chrome on blue one is itiching to get fired too but made a deal with me that it wont shoot til mine does. grrrrrrrrr. glad i have my p11 to keep me somewhat passified.  :-/

2. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    fyi, when I ordered my HC and black grip, it too 6 months to get it.

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    And it should be noted that KT does not deal with the stores directly nor can the stores order from KT. KT mfgs and sends out to its distributors who then get to decide what stores get what. Maybe your dealer should be talking to other distributors? Or, as RJ said, there just might not be any to be had.

-Scott

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Based upon the few folks that call and get there date of manufature verses the serial number, It has been a very constaint production of 1000 P3ATs per week. Now how they are distributed might be the problem. I would question your dealer about his relationship with his distributer.

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    It is a multifaceted issue.  The guns are in demand, that's for sure.  Like Scott said, Kel-tec only sells to distributors and there are but a few.  Distributors often allocate guns to dealers based upon the volume of their sales.  Higher volume shops get more guns (period), and often at a lower price, while folks that move relatively few guns often have their orders placed on the back burner.  At the last gun show I attended, the larger dealers had ample P3ATs, including hard chrome, navy gripped models which are even more scarce.  My guess is that your gun shop is not a priority dealer with their distributor.  If you don't want to wait, try a larger shop or order from a volume dealer on-line.  Trust me; I'd guess Kel-tec is making guns as fast as they can.  :-/

6. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    yeah, i know that they have to go thru a distributor. i ordered mine from st nicholas gun in jacksonville. i dont know which distributor they use but i can tell you that after all the phoen work i did tryign to find one they seemed to be my best bet at the time for the money. i was more then willing to give shooters a chance but after 3 trips there turning up nothing after they previously told me on the phone they had them in stock i gave up on them. guess all i can do is sit and wait. grrrrr.

7. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  8. As already noted.... it is the distributor / local gun shop relationship.

I had waited and waited for my HC/Blue....having placed my order with the local shop that has historically had more kt's than the others.

It was a bit frustrating.... but worth it!

[​IMG]

9. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    A quick browse thorugh GB shows that there are plenty of P3ATs out there.

Like NIB...  current bid $145 with a day and a half left...  Buy it now for $250...  With extra mag.  While I wouldn't pay $250 + shipping and FFL transfer, this might be worth watching, if you have an FFL that would do a reasonable transfer.  :-/

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=91971702

This one is NIB...  $259 buy it now

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=91947484

Grey grip, NIB with free Desantis Nemesis holster...  $259 buy it now

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=91828728

Grey grip - free shipping!  $260 buy it now

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=92024517

There are many, many more.

10. JimBob

JimBob New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Just as an FYI I called Kel-Tec about 3 weeks back or so and asked them a couple of questions. The guy I talked to told me they were currently 30,000 backordered to their distributors right now on the P3AT!! I also asked him if they were still producing the HC models as they are no where to be found, he said they were but said they wouldn't have any in the distro's hands for another 3-4 months! My understanding is what is out there right now in the dealers hands is what is available, and as they are made they go out, albeit very slowly. You could be waiting for a while unless you opt for a blued or parked version that you can find halfway commonly.

I hadn't ordered one but wanted a HC version, but I refused to pay the price for the couple I did find on gunbroker, those dealers know what they have and are charging the premium usually. No dealers around here had anything but black & blued in stock. I settled on a like new 1G grey grip/blued slide and plan to have it nickled..

11. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    well that just let the air outta my balloon! guess ill be waiting a long time. they already have my deposit and then some. thanks for the info.

12. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Spook,

Sorry to hear about your tribulations there. :( I wouldn't waste my time going to Shooters though. I was just in there this weekend and they are bare in the P3AT department. They had a really good sale weekend before last ($249 for blued) and they sold a TON of them. They did have a couple of HC units the week prior to that though. I personally saw them. One was HC on grey and the other was HC on OD. But yesterday the only thing they seemed to have left was blued on OD (ugly, IMHO).

I know you have stated before that you did not like Shooters for their service, and honestly, more than half of the staff are aloof at best, downright unfriendly at at times. But if you ask for Eddie or Mike you will be served well. Eddie is the owner and Mike is his son (I think). They have both always been very nice and helpful. Eddie's wife (don't know her name) is very nice too, but she is not there regularly. My point in saying all of that is that they (Shooters) are a distributor that moves a large number of units and they may get better "attention" from Kel-Tec.

Just a suggestion. Hope you get satisfaction soon. Nothing worse than waiting for a new gun to arrive :) ;).

13. Doc_Mark

Doc_Mark Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Hey, Spook,

Living in a State where the P3AT cannot be sold in gun stores, I had to rely on out of State friends to find one for me. I had several folks looking for a HC version, in several States, but even after one YEAR, none of them could find one for me!!! :eek: :-? :'( So, I eventually gave up, and told them to give up the search.

However, as luck would have it, another friend bought a blued version for his wife, as a surprise, as he already had one, and loved shooting it. But, when he gave it to her, she had already shot his KT, and told him it was too much gun for her, recoil-wise, and that she did not want it. He mentioned this to me, and I asked him if he'd like to sell that NIB P3AT to ME, instead, and he instantly said, "Yes"!! That is the saga on how I came to own my little KT. Had I been content to wait for a HC version, I fear I'd still be waiting!! Hope you have better luck finding one than did I. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc