Still Waiting

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Bo_Bryant, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    I like hearing the reports for the P3AT. I just contacted the dealer who is getting me one and it hasn't come in yet. Those things are as scarce as hen's teeth! I have had an opportunity to purchase a used one, but I am wanting a new one. I want to pass it on to my grandson one day. So the only two owners will be me and him.

Keep these reports coming. They keep sounding better.

May you all have happy shooting this weekend. Won't be able to myself.

Bo Bryant

2. jpaul

jpaul Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Momma always said that a watch pot never boils.

I don't know if that was suppose to help or not but I will go shoot mine some for you if that will help. ;)

3. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Thanks jPaul. I feel better already.

You are a great guy.

Bo Bryant

4. twyacht

twyacht New Member

May 19, 2008
    I also had trouble at my local gun shop with availability of the P3AT, so I went to gunsamerica.com, AJC Sports out of Texas, and for a $25 transfer fee, had mine in 4 days.

Shipped to my local FFL. They were a great bunch.

Good Luck, I hope you get yours soon, be sure to post a picture of the new addition. :cool:

5. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Thanks, I sure will try to do so. Still learning about posting pics.

Bo Bryant

6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    AJC Sports is always at out local gun shows.  I have bought several guns from them and they are great folks to do business with.  The last one I got there was the HC-navy P3AT.  They tend to have a good selection of Kel-tecs.  While I have never ordered from them, at the gun shows, they have very competitive pricing.  :cool:

http://www.ajcsportshop.com/index.html

7. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    She's here and in my possession.

Bo Bryant

8. Zectron2348

Zectron2348 New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    You are going to love it.

I can't tell you how pleased I was shooting mine for the first time Monday morning. I have had it a number of weeks but just haven't had the opportunity to get out and shoot it. I have to admit during all this time I was getting pretty concerned after reading all the problems others have had with their guns. Additionally, mine was a used gun, and who knows why the original owner traded it in. Looked brand new with very little use, (original owner claimed he had shot it only 20 times), but who knows. Fortunately it shot just fine with not a problem one.

I had two big cops shooting with me and both wanted to try the little gun. Unfortunately, it was really small in their large hands and both had trouble gripping the gun properly. One is my youngest son 6'7" about 230, a body builder and former college hockey player. He layed the gun in his hand and it just looked so small. With a proper grip on the gun he layed his trigger finger along the slide of the gun and his finger extended an inch and a half beyond the muzzle of the gun. Way to small for him to shoot properly. But,..........

Amazingly, both are going to get one to use as a backup weapon. They actually liked the small size and it's like my son said, "Hey it's not a target gun. I will use it as a last ditch weapon to save my life."  Great!

Anyway, two new converts to the little Kel-Tec P-3AT

9. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Thanks Zectron. I hope my experience goes as well as yours. I too have read of the problems and just recently had a cracked slide on my P11. It has been two weeks now since they received it and I haven't received a replacement for it. I had ony put about 150 rounds through it. Didn't use it as a range gun, but as a carry gun I would shoot it enough to be used to its handling. Now, I am a little nervous about the P3AT. So I will see.

Thanks again. Happy shooting to you.

Bo Bryant

10. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I just put 50 more rounds through mine on Monday. Its cleaned and lubed and in my pocket right now.

11. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Toddmog

Evidently no issues with yours.

Bo Bryant

12. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I had two failures to eject while shooting with the standard mag (no extensions).  It shoots flawlessly with the KT +1 extension.  I had the same thing happen on my previous trip to the range too.  So I know its my grip when using the regular mag.  It runs 100% when I do my part.  ;) I have around 250 rounds down range now.

--Todd...who is still looking for a good deal on a +1 extension for his p3at.

13. Cremator

Cremator New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    PM sent