still made in Navy?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by anon45, Jun 15, 2010.

1. anon45

anon45 New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    I was at the gun show this past weekend. Saw green, Black and Grey, do they still make this in Navy?

2. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Those were special order thru Sports South Dist.
    I haven't seen em on their site in quite a while but they are still listed, so maybe ???
    http://www.internetguncatalog.com/

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    As was said, they are only made for one distributor, Sports South, so they are a little uncommon, comparatively speaking. As far as I know, they are still making them. At least I saw a few at the last gun show.

4. Agent-Adam

Agent-Adam New Member

May 19, 2010
    Where are you located? We dont have any sportssouth but i have seen a navy/chrome at Guns&Ammo.

5. anon45

anon45 New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    im around fort lauderdale florida area. i've also only seen it in navy and hard chrome, do they only come in navy and the hard chrome?

6. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Guess you missed it, Sports South is a distributor. Kel Tec factory sells only to distributors who in turn sell to dealers... So if your dealer/local shop gets guns from Sports South you can get the Navy/HC (as long as they keep getting them).

No, the normal colors are Black , Gray and OD green
    Slide finishes are;
    Blued  , Parkerized , Hard Chrome

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    If I understand you correctly, yes.  I have only seen the navy grips paired with hard chrome tops, not blued or parkerized, so I assume that is the practice.

[​IMG]

8. anon45

anon45 New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    i emailed the factory and they said no more navy, so I guess if I did want navy, I'd just have to be lucky and find it at a gun show or pay the price of having it shipped plus FFL fee.

9. At the current $259 +$35 shipping and say another $25 transfer fee on your end ( $320 total), that is not a good deal but not a bad deal for a chromed/navy 3AT if that is what you want. I had one awhile back and paid right at $300 out the door locally.

10. morganfd9

morganfd9 Guest

If your dealer buys from CDNN, they are the dist. for the special run of BILLFOLD BROWN p3at's and pf-9's, havn't been able to find any pics of them yet though.

11. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
  12. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

At the current $259 +$35 shipping and say another $25 transfer fee on your end ( $320 total), that is not a good deal but not a bad deal for a chromed/navy 3AT if that is what you want.  I had one awhile back and paid right at $300 out the door locally.[/quote]
    Bird in the hand bird in the bush. If ya want one an can't find one local heck whats 20 bucks  ;)
    My local dealer has yet to get a Navy one in , in any of the 4 guns it is offered in. I got 2 of mine at the local gunshow and one was shipped from out of state ( by thanks to a KTOGer who PMed me the info) all for < 300 ea.