Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Would anyone be interested in purchasing some cast magazine release buttons and or stainless or tungsten guide rods?

I am in the process of producing a mold for the mag releases. I know someone else was making and selling them but stopped for some reason. No prices yet, I am not trying to get rich off of anyone, just make my contribution as possible. Thanks

Jerry

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Stainless Steel or Tungsten guide Rod & Ma

Excellent, I may even be able to get a CNC version instead of the molded copy, I was thinking it would be nice to have some machine checkering on the mag release. I don't have an awful lot of time to devote to it but its certainly a simple part and will not require to much effort to get tooled up for it.

I am going to make some test pieces from Aluminum and some mild steel that I may case harden. May I send you some different versions for testing? Thanks

Jerry

·
Registered
57 Posts

I'm definitely very curious as well but I have a question. Are the mag releases the same on the P-32 and P-3AT? I have a P-32 and would be interested when they are up and running. :)

G

·

Tractorshaft said:
Hi,

Would anyone be interested in purchasing some cast magazine release buttons and or stainless or tungsten guide rods?

I am in the process of producing a mold for the mag releases. I know someone else was making and selling them but stopped for some reason. No prices yet, I am not trying to get rich off of anyone, just make my contribution as possible. Thanks

Jerry

You bet Jerry.... I am interested in free samples or buying a few!  I already have two of the BEACH releases and I love them.  

A word of caution on the mag release ... many here have found the releases a bit long and have had accidentle mag release.  Some sand/file down the button flush with grip.  Beach was making his long so that people had a choice on how long to make them

·
Registered
4,695 Posts

Sounds interesting! Possibly interested, based on how much it ends up costing and what extra money I have available!

The guide rod also sounds interesting, but I'd be worried about it somehow exacerbating the issue with "peening", and it sounds like a more radical change to a more integral component of the firearm, so I'd probably let others be guinea pigs first!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts

yea me too!! would like to try a mag release,if price isn't too bad. i just know that mine(plastic) will fail someday and having one made out of something as hard or harder that the mag is a good thing.
the CNC idea would be good if you can do it,that way there will be no parting line flash to worry about,plus no mold to build. ;)

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts

Regarding a metal mag catch, I can assure you there is ample interest...  here as well.  

You could surely sell them for all KT pistols. 8)

·
Registered
7 Posts

Tractorshaft said:
Excellent, I may even be able to get a CNC version instead of the molded copy, I was thinking it would be nice to have some machine checkering on the mag release. I don't have an awful lot of time to devote to it but its certainly a simple part and will not require to much effort to get tooled up for it.

I am going to make some test pieces from Aluminum and some mild steel that I may case harden. May I send you some different versions for testing? Thanks

Jerry
Hi,

I'm definitely interested in buying a few and I can also make an offer to help if you're interested. I'm an Engineering grad. student and I have access to and can run the CNC mills we have at the college I attend.

I don't have my P3AT yet(waiting on the shipment) so I can't look at the current mag. release. Do you think it could be machined on a 3 axis mill without overly complex fixturing? I have all the CAD, CAM, and g-code experience necessary to help with the CNC and design part of it but have zero casting experience so maybe we can team up to benefit everyone?

Just thought I'd throw the offer out there.....

hiaxis

·
Registered
145 Posts

I'm sure your mag releases would be a great addition.

Question... What happened to Gerry Beach, aka gbundersea? As I recall, he was the first to make molded metal mag releases and I have a couple of them for my P3AT's. They work fantastic, although I had to remove a small amount from the bottom of my 1st gen grip to get a mag to "latch" into place as it was a "hair" too long. According to Mr. Beach, some P3AT grips can vary slightly in length and his excellent fitting and durable metal catches might make this apparent even though the stock KT polymer ones won't.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts

Connection said:
Question... What happened to Gerry Beach, aka gbundersea? As I recall, he was the first to make molded metal mag releases....

Beach said:
NO MORE METAL MAG CATCHES. I am going to try and fill the remaining orders I have, but when they are gone, theyre gone. I have a good reason to stop offering these, but I dont wish to discuss it in a public forum.

I hope someone else will step up to the plate now and start making these. There is a market for them.

I have not cashed any checks for orders that have not shipped out. If I cant fill your order,  your check will be destroyed. If you sent in a MO, I will mail it back to you.

Jerry
http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=104;action=display;num=1181240700

gbundersea:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=2501;action=display;num=1097347811

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.