Sprinter1 is #1

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Spikejerk, May 19, 2008.

1. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

I got my P3AT back in the mail from having Sprinter1 cobalt boron nitride plate the slide. All I can say is WOW! The finish is just like advertised, a satin like stainless steel color. I can't wait to shoot it.

[​IMG]

What really impressed me about Sprinter1's work is that he even bothered to plate it in the first place. About a month ago, he sent me a pm telling me that after he got the parkerizing off, he found about the most pitted P3 he'd seen yet. He told me he'd send it back and refund my money because there was nothing he could do for it. No harm no foul I thought. I'd just send it off for a nickel job then. He pm'd me awhile later and said that he wanted to try something on my slide and see if it worked. I told him great and waited patiently by my mailbox.

After seeing the slide today, I can vouch for his assessment that it is a very pitted slide. I've never seen anything so bad on any gun I own. Yet the plating appears to have evenly sunk into the deepest of pits and smoothed them out. While I never saw any surface rust (probably due to the parkerizing) and I live in a dry climate, the slide must have looked pretty bad before plating. Unfortunately I can't get my camera to focus close enough to show you just how bad, but if you keep enlarging the pic you'll get the idea.

While he could have just sent it back due to the damage, he took the time to try and make it work. That is the mark of a true professional in my book. I'm incredibley pleased with the end result and would not hesitate to use his services again. . . . Next time I'll just send him a new blued gun.

2. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    LOOKS GREAT.....not wanting to seem too nosy but how much did it set you back??

3. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Looks very nice to me --------- thanks for the information.

wyo-man

4. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

We'll have to go shoot it next month. Let me know when you're in Cheyenne.

I got the intro special for $50 (slide only). I think the new price is $80 (slide only), which is still a steal IMHO for the end result.

5. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I'm glad your pleased Dan, as we all are aware the finish on the KT guns are not perfect, the Parkerized ones are the worst when they are stripped. Every Parkerized gun I have stripped has been pitted, that is why I will no longer accept them for plating. Now you need to take it to the range and enjoy it.

6. Citorishotgunner

Citorishotgunner New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Got my P32 back today from Sprinter also. Talk about a welcome surprise. I wasn't expecting it for a couple more days. I was even more surprised when I opened the box to see what a fine job was done. Thanks Sprinter... GREAT WORK.

7. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    I got my parts back today.  No comments yet, but I'll have plenty along with pictures in due course.  I tried putting together my P-32 but the hammer spring broke at the end so it have to wait for a replacement from Cocoa.  My little guys have been gone so long I'm having trouble remembering how to correctly get the frame back in on my P-3AT (but that is the subject of another post).

I'm planning on taking hi-res closeups of everything (individual parts and completely assembled).  Sprinter, you can use them for your website if you want or as example pictures in case anybody wants to see them.  They will be posted here of course (by the weekend I promise).