Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In braking down and cleaning my p-38t after about the 1st 100 rounds I noticed both guide rod springs were warping? Is this typical, and should I be worried, and or get replacements? :-/

·
Registered
58 Posts
I sent in my 1G for repair last week, and got it back yesterday, converted to a 2G. I’m very happy with it, and when I took it out today, it shot flawlessly, but I did notice when I disassembled it that that the inner spring was bent at about 45 degrees. I just bent it back, hoping it won’t be a problem, but ‘was’ puzzled as to what caused it.

Denny

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
They are sometimes bent but still work fine. In this photo the two bent springs at the bottom have over 900 rounds shot with them and still work fine. Those same springs after about 200 rounds had a much more pronounced bend, but as I continued to use them, they straightened out a bit on their own.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  Bending is fine. Kinking is not. sometimes when trying to get the front of the recoil rod to go through the recoil spring catch hole, the springs can bend so much that they kink. REPLACE ANY KINKED SPRINGS.

To avoid this, file and sand a little bevel onto the end of the guide rod so that it glides easily into the hole.

kT service will send you free recoil springs  just for the asking. It's a good idea to replace them every 500 rounds.

Packer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.