Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
This is another blow to RDB, I'm afraid. And it's going to be stronger than MDR. Basically, a Tavor sized blow.

I happen to agree with Gun Jesus when he says that RFB and RDB would benefit significantly from military adoption. KelTec wasn't trying hard enough to get any contract, no matter how small and with a however insignificant military. It would do wonders to the design. Might even make George invent a safer magazine release.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Will Springfield Armory be producing them here or are we depending on Croatia to supply parts?

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is another blow to RDB, I'm afraid. And it's going to be stronger than MDR. Basically, a Tavor sized blow.

I happen to agree with Gun Jesus when he says that RFB and RDB would benefit significantly from military adoption. KelTec wasn't trying hard enough to get any contract, no matter how small and with a however insignificant military. It would do wonders to the design. Might even make George invent a safer magazine release.

Love my RDB, but it would need so many changes and improvements for a military to even consider - considering - it. I don’t mean that in the sense that it isn’t a good and interesting gun, but there are so many aspects about the gun and Keltec that a military wouldn’t get past to even begin considering the rifles performance and reliability, which…are only average.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
The Hellion is basically the US commercial market version of the VHS-2 (and no, I'm not talking about the sequel to that one horror movie :p ), which has already been adopted by a few military forces. It's already gone through WAY more trials and corrections than the RDB and RFB. Anyway, Kel-Tec's long been known for putting out a not-quite-refined product, letting customers essentially be beta-testers, and then only slightly tweaking/fixing bugs after release and then just cranking them out until sales no longer justify production. Y'know ... the Microsoft Windows way of doing things. :D

Anyway, here's what Gun Jesus has to say about the Hellion:

·
Registered
20 Posts

Having dealt with government contracts during a 34 year career I betcha KelTec had no desire to have their design "militarized". Would it make the RFB better? Yes. Would KelTec lose control over how it is put together? Yes. Methinks Dad did not want to lose his baby & I can understand that. It is not just the baby the whole darn operation would have to militarize or Sam would not be satisfied. KelTec is the corner drugstore and they do not need to be Walgreens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts