Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been steadily shooting more and more rounds with my 3-AT, plus a lot of dry fire practice, and I'm not sure if it's just be getting used to the trigger, or what, but that trigger pull feels much less stiff than when I first got it. Do others find that the trigger weight changes significantly the more you use it? I was wondering how often you experts change your trigger spring? Also, how long do those recoil springs last? How often do you change those? Does Wolf make replacements? Or is it better to go through Kel-Tec?
My gun has been so flawless, I guess I feel left out and want to tinker with it, at least do some regular maintenance on it.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
They do tend to get much smoother & lighter with extended use.

As for the hammer spring, there is no need to change it, unless you start getting mis-fires.

The recoil springs should probably be changed every 1 - 2 thousand rounds to help prevent battering, although some folks never change them, and don't report any problems. I would for sure change them if you see any distortion of the coils.

Wolff does not make P3AT springs, although they have been saying they might pretty soon, for over two years now. In the meantime, KT springs are fine, and also free.

rcmodel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, my inner (smaller) recoil spring when pulled out of the larger one has coiled to almost a 1/2 circle. When installed in the larger one though, they both lay straight. Think it's time for a change? I guess I could wait a while. The gun hasn't hicuped once since I bought it. I guess I should just not mess with a good thing.

Also, now that the trigger has smoothed and got a little lighter, is that where it stays, or does it continue to soften up? I actually like it a little better now that it's smoothed out a little. I just want to make sure it get's too light. I like the longer trigger pull for safety's sake.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
I think once the initial hammer spring set takes place, you will notice no further reduction.
At least that is how mine has worked out so far after two years.

The curved recoil springs are perfectly normal after some use.

You might want to go ahead and order some springs from KT just to have on hand though.

rcmodel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.