Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
just curious, why are people running the AK style mount if it doesnt allow you to fold? Is it just an easier mount option?... not saying anything is wrong with that

·
Super Moderator
17,762 Posts
just curious, why are people running the AK style mount if it doesnt allow you to fold? Is it just an easier mount option?... not saying anything is wrong with that
Ah, but the throw lever AK mount allows you to remove and reinstall the scope with repeatable zero. And since the mount rail is on the side of the forearm it does not affect folding ability. ;)

Nice job trooper, but I think you will find anything over about 4X is wasted on the Subbie. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, but the throw lever AK mount allows you to remove and reinstall the scope with repeatable zero. And since the mount rail is on the side of the forearm it does not affect folding ability. ;)

Nice job trooper, but I think you will find anything over about 4X is wasted on the Subbie. :)
I agree with the x4. I got a good deal on the scope so I figured why not. I like the fact that I can flip a switch and the mount comes off. The mod was not hard to do at all. Took me about an hour to do everything.

·
Super Moderator
17,762 Posts
I'm sure you put some kind of spacers under the base rail to keep it somewhat parallel with the barrel. That forearm does have a slight taper in toward the front.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure you put some kind of spacers under the base rail to keep it somewhat parallel with the barrel. That forearm does have a slight taper in toward the front.
Oh yea. I followed how others have done it. I used my digital caliper To messure how accurate it was. Ended up using 2 small washers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts