Spent Shell Casing In Box

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rebootit, Jun 16, 2011.

1. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    Hey I just noticed that all the new p32's we got in don't have the spent shell casing in box like every other recent gun I have bought. Is this because KT's are not legal in the commie states that want the spent casings or does anyone know?

2. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    Yes, I think so.
    No sense sending them if they can't be sold in Komifornia anyway due to lack of "safety" features.

rc

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    it was a few years back, but my P3's didnot have a spent case.
    (the Ruger Bearcats did though)

4. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    None of the 4 Kel Tec pistols I have came with a spent shell casing. Going back almost 12 years for the oldest one.

5. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    After looking in my old p3 box yep, no casing. Never noticed that it didn't have one.

6. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    in NY they need to either have the spent casing (to verify that the bullet has been turned in for COBIS) or the dealer needs to take it to get it fired.
    just received an email from my senator that they voted to repeal COBIS, so the $40 million that they spent with no criminals caught was for nothing.
    and iirc i didn't have one in my box either so i had to get it test fired.

7. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Of the KTs I'v bought new a few (3-4) did have the case enclosed (even though it is not required here)

8. gerry

gerry New Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Not sure if its true or not but a dealer told me that if you buy a new gun from out of state, auction site, etc and it comes into NY to your dealer it is considered used and does not require the spent case once it goes from one dealer to the next?