Spent Cartridge in Barrel

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by buckeyedave, May 26, 2010.

1. buckeyedave

buckeyedave Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I went to the range today and had an issue. Three times in only 18 rounds the spent cartridge stuck in the barrel. Two times when it jammed I had to hold the slide back and drop the mag. Then I could bring the slide back and they dropped out. The third time it didn't drop out and I had to push it out with a bic type pen. I didn't shoot anymore after that. What the heck would cause that? I was using Blazer 95 gr. brass not aluminum.

As a foot note the traction grips I put on it felt good and some home made padding on the back of the grip made a difference in the recoil.

Appreciate your help.

Dave

2. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Check your extractor screw for tightness, tighten and apply blue threadlocker as necessary.

3. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

Clean your chamber, and check the extractor spring screw to make sure it hasn't worked itself loose. The extractor spring screw is likely the item that is causing your problem. I hope the info helps.

Best Wishes:

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    check the tip of the extractor too.

5. phatgemi

phatgemi New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I had identical issue on new p3at. Called kt and they sent me a new extractor. Easily installed and I did use the loctite on the screw. Also making very sure I don't limp wrist. NO problems since the repair and I have put approx 50 down the pipe. More to follow tomorrow. Good luck.

6. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Polish the chamber as well. Make it nice and shiny with 400grit wet/dry paper and then 800 grip making sure to only move the paper in and out of the chamber in the direction the case would enter and exit. Do not twist the paper.

7. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    +1 to what everybody else has said. Those cases should be sent into orbit, not be left stuck in the barrel.