Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Meh, after break in, they're not that hard to load.
Just load it until it gets difficult, shoot, repeat.
My three oldest ones are easy.
I haven't even tried the ones that came with my CMR.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I bought the one made by American Speedloaders (version 2) shortly after I bought my PMR. Works great. The top is spring loaded so after the round is pushed down the tab slides back and catches the rim and pushes the round in place, no pressure on the crimp. For me I can load faster without getting rimlock. I've done it enough I can load them correctly by hand as well but this gizmo speeds things up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meh, I see some haven't actually tried it but comment anyway. Hey, if you don't want one, don't buy one.

I've loaded 1000+ PMR rounds. The speedloader makes it easier, faster, and eliminates the case denting when getting over 20 rounds. Period.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Meh, I see some haven't actually tried it but comment anyway. Hey, if you don't want one, don't buy one.

I've loaded 1000+ PMR rounds. The speedloader makes it easier, faster, and eliminates the case denting when getting over 20 rounds. Period.
I don't need to buy one to see how the design works (just like other speed loaders). Loading more than 20 by hand is easy and fast once the mag springs have taken a set. I would even bet I can load faster by hand than with this thing. However, people can spend their money however they want. I wonder how many people who complain about FTE or FTF issues are using one of these and distorting the case shape.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You would if you actually bought one and knew what you were talking about. Commenting on something you haven't tried is ignorant. Subject matter experience goes a long way ****.
Telling people to buy something and to thank you later, is what is ignorant. Just because you found something that you find useful, does not mean that everyone will.

As for subject matter, I think I have been around here long enough to have an informed opinion. Having owned many different types of speed loaders for many different types of guns, I don't need to own this one to know how it functions. I also don't need own one to know that I can load faster by hand than by loading while manipulating a piece of plastic. Especially on a mag that requires as little effort as this one once it's broken in.

But whatever, I have better things to do than debate mag loading skills (or your lack of them).

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have thought about a loader, but I am pretty sure I wouldn't use it enough to justify it. I load 2 mags with 25 rounds each and that is all shoot for PMR-30 practice, then I switch to a Taurus TCP-380 and my Beretta Minx, 22 short. Maybe 100 rounds total, in an hour of range time.
When I was a lad of thirteen ( same year JFK was killed), I had a J.C. Higgins 22 single shot and a 25 round leather bandolier. I filled it up and that was all I had for a day of tramping in fields and woods. It was enough. Waste not, want not.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
So basically the last ten rounds are the most difficult.
I do hate denting the case while loading.
With (or without) proper loading, it is upsetting when it happens.
I may have to try a loader.
I have seen 2 types.
Which do y'all recommend?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.