Speedloader

Discussion in 'PMR-30' started by rogue66, Sep 2, 2017.

1. mbogo

mbogo Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Nevada
    I've been using mine for over four months now and it works well.

mbogo

2. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    Meh, after break in, they're not that hard to load.
    Just load it until it gets difficult, shoot, repeat.
    My three oldest ones are easy.
    I haven't even tried the ones that came with my CMR.

3. poppo

poppo Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2008
    I agree. Really not needed. And as some reviewers state, a good way to dent cases.

4. wanderson

wanderson Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I bought the one made by American Speedloaders (version 2) shortly after I bought my PMR. Works great. The top is spring loaded so after the round is pushed down the tab slides back and catches the rim and pushes the round in place, no pressure on the crimp. For me I can load faster without getting rimlock. I've done it enough I can load them correctly by hand as well but this gizmo speeds things up.

5. rogue66

rogue66 Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Meh, I see some haven't actually tried it but comment anyway. Hey, if you don't want one, don't buy one.

I've loaded 1000+ PMR rounds. The speedloader makes it easier, faster, and eliminates the case denting when getting over 20 rounds. Period.

6. poppo

poppo Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2008
    I don't need to buy one to see how the design works (just like other speed loaders). Loading more than 20 by hand is easy and fast once the mag springs have taken a set. I would even bet I can load faster by hand than with this thing. However, people can spend their money however they want. I wonder how many people who complain about FTE or FTF issues are using one of these and distorting the case shape.

7. rogue66

rogue66 Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Sure, cause loading 30 rounds of WMR is exactly the same as 9mm, 40 or 45...

Nothing unique about the PMR mags...

SMH

8. poppo

poppo Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2008
    You are correct, it's not the same. It's easier. Sorry if not all of us will "thank you later".

9. Briggs3269

Briggs3269 Active Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Delray Beach, FL
    There is another that I bought quite a while age and with my arthritic thumbs is a big plus. You can find that one by searching speedloader from the pmr-30 header.

rogue66 likes this.
  10. rogue66

rogue66 Member

Jul 28, 2016
    You would if you actually bought one and knew what you were talking about. Commenting on something you haven't tried is ignorant. Subject matter experience goes a long way ****.

11. poppo

poppo Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Telling people to buy something and to thank you later, is what is ignorant. Just because you found something that you find useful, does not mean that everyone will.

As for subject matter, I think I have been around here long enough to have an informed opinion. Having owned many different types of speed loaders for many different types of guns, I don't need to own this one to know how it functions. I also don't need own one to know that I can load faster by hand than by loading while manipulating a piece of plastic. Especially on a mag that requires as little effort as this one once it's broken in.

But whatever, I have better things to do than debate mag loading skills (or your lack of them).

12. rogue66

rogue66 Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Apparently not

13. Hikerman

Hikerman Member

Jun 5, 2009
    I like them.....I have carpel tunnel......makes my shoot better

Briggs3269 likes this.
  14. 5Wire

5Wire Member

Sep 28, 2017
  15. benkhanobe

benkhanobe Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Cape Coral
    I have thought about a loader, but I am pretty sure I wouldn't use it enough to justify it. I load 2 mags with 25 rounds each and that is all shoot for PMR-30 practice, then I switch to a Taurus TCP-380 and my Beretta Minx, 22 short. Maybe 100 rounds total, in an hour of range time.
    When I was a lad of thirteen ( same year JFK was killed), I had a J.C. Higgins 22 single shot and a 25 round leather bandolier. I filled it up and that was all I had for a day of tramping in fields and woods. It was enough. Waste not, want not.

steve76 likes this.
  16. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    So basically the last ten rounds are the most difficult.
    I do hate denting the case while loading.
    With (or without) proper loading, it is upsetting when it happens.
    I may have to try a loader.
    I have seen 2 types.
    Which do y'all recommend?

steve76 likes this.