Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
I’ve not seen one, but here’s my opinion. The magazines are like $23 and available on KT’s website. I ordered five. With the two that came with it, and as expensive as the ammo is, I load up three, five, or seven before a range session at home when I can take my time, and then don’t refill them at the range.

· Registered
361 Posts
Not a speed loader, per se, but a magazine loading assist device made by Custom Smith Manufacturing - https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/products/csm-p90-mag-loader

If you look around you can also find the files to 3d print your own for less, but the one from CSM works fine.

As far as the mags for the P50, buy official FN mags. Everything else is hit or miss. The ones that came with my P50 were garbage. I have a dozen of FN PS90 mags, and all the ones I've tried in the P50 work without issue.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a speed loader, per se, but a magazine loading assist device made by Custom Smith Manufacturing - https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/products/csm-p90-mag-loader

If you look around you can also find the files to 3d print your own for less, but the one from CSM works fine.

As far as the mags for the P50, buy official FN mags. Everything else is hit or miss. The ones that came with my P50 were garbage. I have a dozen of FN PS90 mags, and all the ones I've tried in the P50 work without issue.
Thanks, I did find that and ordered one. I couldn’t get past 30 cartridges, I hope this widget solves the problem. I was prepping for the range. like most I load all my mags at home then just pop one in as needed. Haven’t gotten there yet, waiting for ATF approval for a silencer I ordered. Plus wanted to zero my redot and laser. My house doesn’t have enough distance inside and I don’t think my neighbors would appreciate me standing on their front lawn aiming at a target setup on the rear of my garage 😂

· Registered
7 Posts
Air gun Trigger Bicycle part Auto part Revolver

Wait till you hear this? Spoke with a rep from KelTec today and I was informed that these magazines are NOT warranted by KelTec. Telling me that there is a card and some other disclosure that was NOT in my case when I bought this weapon in December 2022, there to inform customers that ProMag handles issues with these magazines.
Did you notice the fins (raised sharp edges) on the shells that make up the body of the gun? I had to burnish them off. Otherwise, those edges would cut into you. Thoughts?
BTW, did you shoot it yet? I ran 10 rounds through it with no issues. The only thing I fixed was the right hand safety lever as it cut into the thumb on my right hand. I removed it, added a washer, and replaced the screw with Loctite. Nice a smooth area now.
Lastly, the plastic rollers that are in the magazines need to be replaced. Then the feeding and discharging of the rounds will work correctly. It doesn't fix the horrible assembly of these nasty magazines. Sucks when you pay 7-800 dollars for a gun from such a popular gun manufacturer.
Wood Building Automotive tire Door Flooring

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Rim Wood

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Bicycle tire

· Registered
361 Posts
Eveytime I looked on that website and others they are out if stock. I left my email with those folks to be contacted when available. Thanks for your help, too.
They are frequently out of stock, but they get stock in just as frequently, so your wait shouldn't be too long. Just make sure you jump on them as soon as they're available.

Also, if you haven't done so already, get yourself some FN PS90 mags. Even with the Man Kave rollers, the ProMags are inferior to the factory mags. Get the FN mags and the Man Kave rollers and all will be right in the world...provided your P50 doesn't break... :D

· Registered
361 Posts
Thanks for that info. Btw, what do those rollers do?
They go between the follower and the rounds allowing both to move smoothly as they're loaded or unloaded. The ones from FN can be rough, but are generally functional. The ones from Promag and other aftermarket brands have mold marks and are out of round, which causes the follower and rounds to bind up.

· Registered
7 Posts
What if...
On the P50 mags made by ProMag. What if the spring in the magazine could be retracted like some of the 22 caliber magazines?
A thin 3mm wide cut in the top to bottom areas of the magazine. Running only about 3" from the bottom of the magazine towards the top. Add a steel pin secured on the top with an abrasive flat surface and do the same on the bottom side. Making sure that these flat areas are not protruding past the plastic rails of the magazine.
You would take both thumb and first finger and draw down that spring, which reduces the pressure put on the entering round. Thoughts?

· Registered
317 Posts
What if...
On the P50 mags made by ProMag. What if the spring in the magazine could be retracted like some of the 22 caliber magazines?
A thin 3mm wide cut in the top to bottom areas of the magazine. Running only about 3" from the bottom of the magazine towards the top. Add a steel pin secured on the top with an abrasive flat surface and do the same on the bottom side. Making sure that these flat areas are not protruding past the plastic rails of the magazine.
You would take both thumb and first finger and draw down that spring, which reduces the pressure put on the entering round. Thoughts?
It’s certainly an interesting idea. Someone with a 3D printer and some solid works experience could probably rapid prototype something.

In my opinion, a design like that should have the tabs not wider than the widest part of the round end of the mag, and be as close to it as possible to avoid snagging while still being able to get enough purchase to compress the spring. But I may not be envisioning it the same way as you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts