spare parts???

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by toddmog, Oct 2, 2007.

1. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I was wondering what spare parts you guys keep on hand for those "just in case" times at the range. I'm already planning on picking up a gray frame for my HC p3at and figured why not pay shipping one time.

So anyways...what parts do you guys keep on hand, and how much can I expect to pay for them.

I know that kel-tec will replace broke/worn parts when needed, but I'd like to have something on hand and don't mind paying a couple of bucks for it.

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Parts are almost all really cheap when ordered from KT. I'd look through the parts diagram and order just about everything, and two of everything that has a spring involved. You can probably do that for about 30$. But then again I like LOTS of spare parts.

-Scott

3. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    I keep a few items around , springs and spare mags and such. KT sells a real neat spare parts kit, called a P3AT ( buy a second one , they are inexpensive , ya know ya want to  :D ) later , I gota go check the trading post ;)

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I keep at least: ALL springs, an assembly pin, ejector, extractor, and mag catch.

5. Spare parts?... I keep spare guns!

[​IMG]

;D

I have not gotten around to it, but I agree with Scott.  I should have two of everything.  I still have a bad slide that I did the credit card swap on. (That was the first of the year when KT would do that.) I need to send in and get them to send me a spare slide! I will order two of each part when I send it in.

I think the one item I need to make sure I have on hand is the hammer spring.  I have over stretched two of them in my short time as a 3AT owner.

6. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    if you do order kt parts, make sure you get four or five ejectors. they get expensive when they come one at a time....gpr

7. Connection

Connection New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Every spare part I have I've received free from KT. Springs, guide rods, extractors, ejectors, etc. In fact, about the only spare parts I don't have on hand are the grip, frame, barrel and slide. I have everything else! :)

8. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    It is not right to take advantage of KT service by ordering "Spare" parts for free. That will eventually make it harder for people who actually NEED the warranty repair parts.

The parts costs are so low that you should BUY your spares. Anytime you have a gun in for service, you can save shipping cost of parts and accessories by asking Parts to "drop it in the box of SN#."

Packer.

9. Connection

Connection New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    It is not right to take advantage of KT service by ordering "Spare" parts for free. That will eventually make it harder for people who actually NEED the warranty repair parts.

The parts costs are so low that you should BUY your spares. Anytime you have a gun in for service, you can save shipping cost of parts and accessories by asking Parts to "drop it in the box of SN#."

Packer.
    [/quote]

Over the years, I've had to replace a lot of stuff. Is it my fault if I ask for an extractor and they send me extras complete with the leaf spring and hex bolt? I've asked for recoil springs and even offered to pay. KT sent me three sets with three guide rods. Same thing when I received extra followers and mag tubes during the whole smiley fiasco. I have multiple ejectors from way back when KT was experimenting with different designs in the 1st gen P3AT before they went with the flush one. Lots of spare trigger parts when one of mine broke and a bunch of assembly pins and springs from my "walking out" problem. I'm not bashing KT, rather thanking them for their generosity! Again, I never took advantage.

Besides, it was more than fair due to a lot of $$$, time and frustration sending my P3ATs back to KT before I just hunkered down and learned to do most everything myself.

10. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    Ok! That's different. Thanks for clarifying. I just didn't want newbies to think they should get spare parts for free, instead of buying them.

Packer.

11. Connection

Connection New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    No, not at all! I'd never advocate getting free parts just to do it. Most of the parts I received from KT I expected to be free because they were to replace damaged and/or malfunctioning ones. The only parts I felt I should pay for were the recoil springs because they had a lot of rounds on them and I just wanted to change them as a precaution. I emailed KT and offered to pay, but they just said to send my address. I never expected to get three sets of springs and three guide rods!

edited to add: My P3ATs have all settled down now and have been great, reliable shooters for a long time...even the 1st gen one...

12. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
  13. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    2pp - its hard to tell - is that the parts list out of the service manual or your last invoice? :D

-Scott