Spare Mag Holder for P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Flight_Chief, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Flight_Chief

Flight_Chief New Member

Nov 26, 2010
    I am looking for magazine holder for the P3AT. The effectiveness of the little pistol would be greatly enhanced with an extra magazine or even two.

I am hoping I can find a belt pouch that looks like a knife case or cell phone case or something which hides the identity of the magazine.

Any individual specific solutions to this issue? Brand name and place you bought would be helpful.

2. lop

lop Active Member

May 20, 2008
    Do a little searching 'round here. This topic comes up quite a bit. Any ol' pouch will work. I made an "in the pocket" type that works well. Check out Wally World in the cell phone accesories area.
    [​IMG]
    And if I'm carring my .44...
    [​IMG]

Oh, and welcome to KTOG. Lots of good info 'round here.

Lop

3. Ka6otm

Ka6otm New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    I can't help you with brand names but I buy all my mag pouches for CCW at the local gunshows from a guy who sells all manner of Cordura cases. Gun cases, knife cases, cell phone cases, range bags, etc. I just try one that looks close by putting the magazine in it and closing the velcro. I've found these for all the guns I've ever CCW'ed...probably around 6 or 7 different guns.

4. vvldb14

vvldb14 New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    I used the Blackhawk Serpa single stack mag holder, although a bit bulky it looks like a cell phone holder when concealed. But make sure you have your CCW! :)

5. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
  6. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
  7. vvldb14

vvldb14 New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Correction I use the Serpa for my PF-9. Sorry for any confusion.

8. bh153dc

bh153dc New Member

I have a +1 extension on all my mags. I use an old Leatherman multi-tool sheath for my spare mag carry.

9. jfnixon

jfnixon New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    +1 on the Leatherman, that's what I use for belt carry. Fits perfectly with the +1 extension.

For in the pocket carry, I use an old Compaq PDA leather case. 2 mags fit side by side, and the case slips right in my pocket. I can take it out in public, and no one is the wiser. It is very easy to extract a magazine, too. Look around and be creative.

10. tomdickandharry

tomdickandharry Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Orlando Fl
    I just purchased a p3-at and it came with some spare mags and a double mag clip pouch. Not sure what it is, but I can take pics if anyone wants.

11. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    i use my pants pocket as my spare mag holder. just drop the mag in and go. old school, hard to beat whats works.