Spacers for using .22 cal silencers on rifles

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Tractiongrips, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA
    I've got spacers available for those who wish to use a .22 cal silencer with their AR-15 and a .22 cal conversion kit.  The spacers should also work for the PLR-22 rifles and Kel-Tec .22 pistols and other weapons with 1/2-28 threaded barrels with thread lengths of .6"
    The spacers are 0.2" thick and have a 0.84" outside diameter.  They are lathe turned from steel bar to ensure a square shoulder and concentric bore.  I've got them listed unfinished at $7, but will give a discount to KTOG members who mention the site.  KTOG members can get them unfinished for $6 shipped.
    [​IMG]
    http://tractiongrips.com/catalog/i12.html
    tractiongrips@comcast.net

2. Do you have any available finished???

3. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA
    I don't have any finished on hand. I've got the option to finish them with cold bluing for an additional $2. If I get a bunch of interest I may do a run of them and finish them in Molyresin. The finishing takes a bunch of extra time, and if it's only one piece, it takes longer to finish the part and clean everything up afterward than it does to make the part. The last guy I sold one to used BBQ grill paint to finish his and it matched his Rock River gun as perfect as could be.

4. akman11

akman11 New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    What about stainless? Are the faces cut in the same operation, dead true to each other?

5. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA
    I don't have them in stainless. I don't keep much stainless on hand, and to order it seperately would probably be cost prohibitive for just making one or two of them. The parts are made in one operation, I just use a parting tool to cut off the part after drilling the center, turning the outside diameter, and facing the one side. I take the pieces and chuck them one at a time against a stop to keep them square when I use a countersink them to clean up the inner edges of the parts. I can close my digital calipers on them and see that both faces are true. If they were not, it could make your silencer bore run non-concentric to the bore of the weapon.