Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone
Here's whats happening, the trigger doesn't reset, and it not the spring popping out of the trigger bar.. I notice that if I slide, the slide back slightly while pulling the trigger, pulling only like 1mm. Then the trigger will reset.
I'm thinking maybe I didn't put it back together right, but i've taken this gun apart so many times, I should be a kel tec, '' tech ''

Any ideas??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Check the trigger pin. I've had problems with it being just a tad too high on my P-11 and interfering with trigger reset by dragging on the grip frame. If that is the case, just tap it down flush with the trigger surface and see if that helps. On the P-32 that pin sometimes is too low and makes it hard to pull the trigger enough to fire the gun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check the trigger pin. I've had problems with it being just a tad too high on my P-11 and interfering with trigger reset by dragging on the grip frame. If that is the case, just tap it down flush with the trigger surface and see if that helps. On the P-32 that pin sometimes is too low and makes it hard to pull the trigger enough to fire the gun.
I have a hard time with the 253 trigger pin, that was a P.I.T.A!! I hope it not that.. But I think might just replace all the trigger parts.. Thanks man.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Maybe give Kel-Tec a call and see what they can do for you as far as a repair/rebuild? If you are handy with the innards of the P-11 and seeing as parts are fairly inexpensive it might not be worth it due to shipping costs but the call is cheap.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm thinking maybe I didn't put it back together right, but i've taken this gun apart so many times, I should be a kel tec, '' tech ''

Any ideas??
A Second Thought: If you recently had the trigger/axis assembly apart...might
check that the trigger pin is correctly routed thru the axis spring.

Not sure if it would give the effect you're seeing, but easy enough to check.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found out, that I put the hammer pin in the wrong side of the frame.. so the butt of the pin was making the trigger bar stick out towards the rear of the gun..
I could barely tell, but when I looked closed, I notice the trigger bar wasn't sitting against the frame..
Thank you to everyone, also thank you to Kel tec support, who offered to fix the gun for free..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.