·
Registered
228 Posts
Does make you think...... Hmmmmmmm

·
Administrator
31,979 Posts
Does make you think...
Not me. I never click blind links. And I try not to post one without some kind of information to help the reader determine if they have any interest that would make it worth their time.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yep, some info would be helpful. I don't normally click on just a link, either.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I guess I am the dummy that does.

Again, Makes you think.

STAY PREPARED, STAY VIGILANT
Kell
Houston, TX
Walther P99 .40
KT PF9 9mm
Sig P238 .380
YHM/Spikes AR-15

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not me. I never click blind links. And I try not to post one without some kind of information to help the reader determine if they have any interest that would make it worth their time.
This is a safe link, it has been up on a couple of other forums and its a short well done video. Its about the political movement in our country today and how it might affect us all. Its really a good summary.

Trust me I would never put up something that would be a problem for the forum. If the topic is not to your liking don't watch it.

Lee

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Trust me I would never put up something that would be a problem for the forum.
That's fair enough. All that's being asked is to put this sort of short description there with the link. It's not that people distrust you but sometimes accounts get hacked or get virused. And sometimes the link is about something that some readers viewing the post do not care about. A 2 sentence description along with the link helps solve both those concerns.

If the topic is not to your liking don't watch it.
That's part of why the request for a description along with the link is being made.

Thanks for the follow-up description though.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I guess I am the dummy that does.

Again, Makes you think.
No one is calling you a dummy. They're just saying that they're not comfortable blindly clicking on a link. Maybe it's not work-safe. Maybe the posters account was hijacked by a trojan and it's now posting links to every forum in his browser history hoping to trojan others. Maybe the topic is just something the other readers don't care about.

A short description goes a long way to addressing those concerns.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
It's also nice to post whether your video or audio links contain adult content. Some of us may be viewing at work on our breaks or we may be home with our kids. That's all we're asking.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's also nice to post whether your video or audio links contain adult content. Some of us may be viewing at work on our breaks or we may be home with our kids. That's all we're asking.

Thanks,

Jason
Good suggestion. No adult content. Not a sex video.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts