Someone messed with my new P-3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by philiphb, Aug 6, 2009.

1. philiphb

philiphb New Member

Jul 24, 2009
    New P-3AT came fedex today. Box sealed, never opened. Took it apart, the ramp had a mirror shine, hammer block smooth and rails as smooth as can be. Someone beat me to the fluff and buff!!!. Gave it a good cleaning and then MILITEC-1'd it both lube and grease. Kinda felt like I missed something, not having to sand and polish. Must be progress.

2. vn6869

vn6869 New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Those FedEx fellows (and gals) are something aren't they. Full service delivery!! :D

3. oak1971

oak1971 New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Mine looked good too. :)

4. lee4019

lee4019 New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yep same thing with me! My P3 was already Fluffed and buffed too and it's 3 weeks old.

5. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    The one I bought this past winter (my second) required little attention, either. And the slide had no tool marks on it. It seem that KT's QC has been stepped up a bit. A result of competition?

6. Moon

Moon New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Picked one up a couple of weeks ago (K8XXX). Took it apart to do a F&B - Didn't need it. Went ahead and polished the feed ramp and chamber anyway as long as I had it apart. Lubed it & put it back together and went to the range. Put maybe 100 rounds through it - all FMJ - No problems of any kind.

7. philiphb

philiphb New Member

Jul 24, 2009
    :p Just couldn't help it. Did the fluff and buff anyway. Now the barrel has a mirror shine. Lube with Miltec-1 and 50 rounds of FMJ through it. Like a hot knife through butter.

8. WesKCMO

WesKCMO New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Now what are new KT owners gonna have to tinker with? I guess we could start working on making those Rugers function better... lol

9. Dugger

Dugger New Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Those Fedex drivers are good :D

10. WesKCMO

WesKCMO New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Kansas City, Missouri
    on a more serious note. This sounds real good on KT's part... looks like some steps in the right direction. I hope my recently ordered AT comes looking good too. Although part of of me likes the little work I put into these little guns.