Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New P-3AT came fedex today. Box sealed, never opened. Took it apart, the ramp had a mirror shine, hammer block smooth and rails as smooth as can be. Someone beat me to the fluff and buff!!!. Gave it a good cleaning and then MILITEC-1'd it both lube and grease. Kinda felt like I missed something, not having to sand and polish. Must be progress.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
The one I bought this past winter (my second) required little attention, either. And the slide had no tool marks on it. It seem that KT's QC has been stepped up a bit. A result of competition?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Picked one up a couple of weeks ago (K8XXX). Took it apart to do a F&B - Didn't need it. Went ahead and polished the feed ramp and chamber anyway as long as I had it apart. Lubed it & put it back together and went to the range. Put maybe 100 rounds through it - all FMJ - No problems of any kind.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:p Just couldn't help it. Did the fluff and buff anyway. Now the barrel has a mirror shine. Lube with Miltec-1 and 50 rounds of FMJ through it. Like a hot knife through butter.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Now what are new KT owners gonna have to tinker with? I guess we could start working on making those Rugers function better... lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
on a more serious note. This sounds real good on KT's part... looks like some steps in the right direction. I hope my recently ordered AT comes looking good too. Although part of of me likes the little work I put into these little guns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts