Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not get a good in-focus picture of this, so I will describe it as best as I can.

Gun Disassembled; looking at the frame top down; right hand side by the hammer; imagine where the clip would go inserted into handle; now look directly to the right; at that point, you should be looking at what should be a black piece of metal, but instead, there is a small peening where I see silver metal. It is about the size of the tip of a pen.

It is a small spot. I have not fired this gun since my 200 round break in test period. I have racked the slide and chambered rounds/ejected rounds, several times to either get it ready for storage or CCW.

I don't know that it would interfere with gun function, as it does not appear to, BUT . . .

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
You can use a small file or sandpaper to clean up the bur it can cause. It will stop getting any worse after a good break in period. The spent case hits that corner of the frame as it's ejected.

CJ

G

·
What the others have said. Ruger mills this part out on their newer LCPs apparently so they didn't have customers thinking something was wrong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts