Some Peening on Slide/Frame Issue

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by AlwaysCarry, Oct 2, 2009.

1. AlwaysCarry

AlwaysCarry New Member

May 16, 2008
    I could not get a good in-focus picture of this, so I will describe it as best as I can.

Gun Disassembled; looking at the frame top down; right hand side by the hammer; imagine where the clip would go inserted into handle; now look directly to the right; at that point, you should be looking at what should be a black piece of metal, but instead, there is a small peening where I see silver metal. It is about the size of the tip of a pen.

It is a small spot. I have not fired this gun since my 200 round break in test period. I have racked the slide and chambered rounds/ejected rounds, several times to either get it ready for storage or CCW.

I don't know that it would interfere with gun function, as it does not appear to, BUT . . .

2. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005

3. AlwaysCarry

AlwaysCarry New Member

May 16, 2008
    Thank you for the reply. That is it exactly.

Picture looks identical to what I described.

:)

4. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    You can use a small file or sandpaper to clean up the bur it can cause. It will stop getting any worse after a good break in period. The spent case hits that corner of the frame as it's ejected.

CJ

5. Possumgravy

Possumgravy Guest

What the others have said. Ruger mills this part out on their newer LCPs apparently so they didn't have customers thinking something was wrong