SOLD

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by bamf_shadow, Nov 23, 2009.

1. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX
    I have a very reliable PF-9 black/blue with 3 mags (w/pinky extensions and standard floorplates), CTC laser guard, Houge Jr., also a custom SideGuard IWB and a Galco Stinger (for use with CTC). Round count is probably near 500, no +P (WWB mostly).  Scroll down for picks.

I would like to obtain a Taurus PT92/99

Cash price will be $450, I don't intend to sell the items seperately.  Let me know, thanks!!!

BTW: I am in Beeville, TX but shipping thru FFL can be done

2. handicomp

handicomp Active Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Re: WTT PF-9 w/CTC and holsters for a PT92/99

I have thought about selling or ?? my Taurus PT-99AF with 3-15 round mags, Pachmeyer Grips mounted w/original wood grips also, storage case, and Glock mag loader. But I would have to see pictures of what you have before I would seriously consider trading. My Taurus probably has appox. 400 rounds thru it.
    Here pics of mine.
    [​IMG]
    Taurus PT-99AF A real beauty that has been babied all it's life.
    [​IMG]

Now please post pics of yours, then we may be able to talk trade or ??

3. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX

I am sorry about the pic quality, my camera stinks. Serial is RCHXX so you get the latest and greatest as far as I can tell. Anyways, I blued the barrel and it obviously shows wear marks on that. Also, some of the edges on the slide have some holster marks. KT isn't known for nice finishes, so I imagine these are par for the course. As far as what it eats, I feed it a steady diet of WWB 115gr and American Eagle 124gr without issue. I was carrying with Hornady TAP 124gr and it liked those. Also included is the box/manual and all 4 holsters (the fobus was modified to work with the CTC, but I never really liked it).

Does your 99 have the 3 way safety/decocker?

5. handicomp

handicomp Active Member

Sep 7, 2009

I do not know what the 3 way safety/decocker is. If you explain it, I will try and determine if it does.
    The PT-99 has spent most of it's life in the gun safe, except for a few range trips. It has never been carried in a holster except for the few times it has went to the range. There is no holster wear, the only mark on it is from the slide touching the barrel, then it is only slight. Not in the pictures are the original wood grips that are like new. I installed the Pachmeyer grip right after I purchased it new, I have very large hands, so the Pachmeyer worked great for me.

What is the distance you had sighted/used the CT Laser and how is it in daylight/sunlight?
    Yes, The finish on the Blued PF-9's could be better, but for the money they are a value. I already own one PF-9 with the black grip/blued slide and thinking about a second.

Has the PF-9 made any trips back to mother for any reason?

6. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana

If it's anything like the PT92, it means:
    Up is safe
    Center is off safe
    Pushing down past center decocks.

7. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX

If it's anything like the PT92, it means:
    Up is safe
    Center is off safe
    Pushing down past center decocks.[/quote]
    That is correct on the 99 as well, thank you.

The laser is sighted at 10 yards, but it is fully adjustable for windage and elevation. I can see it clearly in the daylight. I used it to qualify on my CHL and the instructor said he could even see it and confirmed it was dead accurate (some of that comes from the shooter though ;) ). Never been back to mother, although I did send one of the mags in once because of a feeding issue. They replaced the whole thing minus the floor plate. I did a fluff and buff right out of the box. Polished here and there, sanded this and that (thanks you so much GL). Other than the mag issue (which was limited to just one) I have never had an issue with this gun. I practice a lot weak hand and such, never a FTF/FTE. As you know by owning one of these that not everyone can shoot them well, but I had good success with it. I don't want to see it go, but I no longer carry it (switched to a Taurus PT145 MilPro). I want a 92/99 so I can have an accurate, fun to shoot plinker in 9mm. Maybe even for IDPA.

8. handicomp

handicomp Active Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Just got home from the daughter's cabin for the holiday and weekend and I see it is sold. DARN IT!!
    I was really interested in trading, my fault.

PM Sent