SOLD WTS P-40 with P-11 Converson SOLD

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by jed-41, Apr 16, 2011.

1. jed-41

jed-41 New Member

Dec 28, 2010
    I have a P-40 like new with I think a hard crome slide and a P-11 converson plus extra P-11 parts. Asking $500.00 OBO This is for sale locally. jdecker_3@yahoo.com

2. TucsonMTB

TucsonMTB New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Tucson Arizona
    Re: WTS P-40 with P-11 Converson

P-40's were never offered in stainless. So, unless yours was plated by Jack Fuselier who nickle plates, it is most likely chrome.

You may see more interest if you indicate your location.  Is the P-11 blued or parked . . . or is it also plated?

3. jed-41

jed-41 New Member

Dec 28, 2010

The P-40 is factory plated it must be chrome then. The P-11 converson is blue and I am in Michigan. Thanks Jim

4. mike_kitterman

mike_kitterman New Member

May 7, 2010

I would like to have your P-40 but am a little cash poor right now after taxes, but would like to know what the recoil is like? I have a 1911 Springfield Armory 40 cal and love the way it shoots. It is a small gun but the P-40 is a lot smaller.

5. jed-41

jed-41 New Member

Dec 28, 2010

It has a bite to it. You can't limp wrist it. Jim

6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Are you sure?  Approximately during the P40 timeframe, there were P11s made with stainless slides.  I honestly can't remember whether or not they made any P40s with the stainless slide.  Although I can't recall any being posted here, I long since stopped trusting my memory.   ;D

However, if the finish on the barrel matches the finish on the slide, almiost surely it is hard chrome.  Hard chrome slides always come (from kel-tec) with hard chrome barrels.  I think stainless slide guns came with unfinished (white) barrels... but then again, that would be relying on my memory.   :-?

7. jed-41

jed-41 New Member

Dec 28, 2010

I am pertty sure the P-40  is hard chrome. It has a dull finish not shinny.  Very nice gun. The P-11 conversion is just blue. Have pictures if anybody is thinking about this deal. Thanks Jim

8. TucsonMTB

TucsonMTB New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Tucson Arizona

Are you sure?  Approximately during the P40 time frame, there were P11s made with stainless slides.  I honestly can't remember whether or not they made any P40s with the stainless slide.  Although I can't recall any being posted here, I long since stopped trusting my memory.   ;D

However, if the finish on the barrel matches the finish on the slide, almost surely it is hard chrome.  Hard chrome slides always come (from kel-tec) with hard chrome barrels.  I think stainless slide guns came with unfinished (white) barrels... but then again, that would be relying on my memory.   :-?
    [/quote]
    Hey TxCajun!  My memory is certainly as suspect a yours might be, but I had a stainless P-11 from that era, with metal night sights no less.  It's history in part because it developed the longitudinal crack in the slide that they all seem to.  You probably recall that as being the a reason that Kel-Tec switched to hard chrome, even though they have to send them out for plating.

Anyway, the seller did not mention the harmless lengthwise crack the P-11's developed after a fee hundred rounds.  Given the stresses on the P-40, I'm guessing it would have one and that he would disclose it, if it were stainless.  Oh, and yes my stainless P-11 barrel was not plated or otherwise surface treated.

That said, the other appearance difference between my stainless P-11 and hard chrome P-11's I have examined was the relatively fine sand blasted finish on the plated pistols.  The stainless slide had a much more coarse grain to the surface and did not look like sand blasting at all.

I guess a call to Kel-Tec with the serial number in hand would be the only way to be certain.   :cool:

Here's a picture of my stainless P-11 along with my wife's hard chrome P-3AT for comparison.

[​IMG]

9. jed-41

jed-41 New Member

Dec 28, 2010

I never said this might be stanless. I listed it as hard chrome. The first response I got started the stainless issue. Jim

10. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Yea, I see that. Sorry we hijacked your thread but look how we've kept it at the top of the page for you. [smiley=laugh.gif]

BTW folks, this is a pretty good deal and they just ain't making no more of these compact, lightweigh hand cannons. Hard chrome is the cat's meow and the P11 upper makes for cheap practice. :cool:

For anyone interested, what mags are coming with this and what are the "extra P11 parts"?

11. jed-41

jed-41 New Member

Dec 28, 2010

I have 2 clips for the p-40 and 1 clip the p-11. The p-11 has the finger extension on it. They are all made bt MEC-GAR. They are the clips that came with the gun. The parts came from widebuffalo and are a complete slide, barell, and frame and some other small parts. Jim

12. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

Fixed that for ya  ;) WB don't sell frames in their 'kits'

13. jed-41

jed-41 New Member

Dec 28, 2010

Sorry. Thanks Jim

14. HatRon56

HatRon56 Grand Poobah Supporter

May 25, 2007
    Hampton Roads,VA

Fixed that for ya  ;) WB don't sell frames in their 'kits'[/quote]

Just so we get everything corrected:
    They are called mags or magazines, not clips.
    Right guys....?

Your welcome.

15. jed-41

jed-41 New Member

Dec 28, 2010

Have been called either or. You know what I ment.

16. jed-41

jed-41 New Member

Dec 28, 2010

One last goaround. Still available. Jim

17. bwhaas

bwhaas New Member

Mar 13, 2011

I am in Michigan as well, where are you located and would you be willing to meet FTF?

18. jed-41

jed-41 New Member

Dec 28, 2010

I am in Reed City and if you are close by.

19. jed-41

jed-41 New Member

Dec 28, 2010

I will lower the cost to $450.00 and throw the shipping in. Jim

20. okrIII

okrIII New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    I will take it per pm deal. :)