SOLD!-WTS: Motorcycle in TX

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by bamf_shadow, Jul 29, 2009.

1. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX
    Hi all. I have for sale a 2003 Vulcan 800 with some extras. Bike has just over 25k miles on it. I am asking $3500 locally, but will offer it up to KTOG members for $3500 $3000 OBO!!! I am open to trades (firearms, etc.) but I need atleast $2000 cash to get me out of a jam. Bike is located in Beeville, TX (not far from San Antonio / Corpus Christi. Here is a list of some specifics:

Almost virgin rear Dunlop, front tire is an Avon in good shape
    New front brake pads
    Near new sprockets/chain
    Mustang saddle
    OEM sissy bar
    Highway pegs
    Saddle bags
    Custom style aircleaner (with K&N style filter)
    Cobra drag pipes (finished in a matte black ceramic w/chrome heat shields)
    New speedo cable
    Custom paint

Email me if more info/pics are needed : bamf_shadow@yahoo.com

Please excuse the lock/sign in the photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Re: WTS: Motorcycle in S.TX

Man, I wish you were in Florida. Wifey would really love that bike. We've been looking for one just like that. Too far away to make it economical.

Nice bike at a fair price.

Rick

3. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX

I don't know if you are interested in doing it, but I have sold several bikes as far as Chicago. There are many shipping companies that deal exclusively with cars/bikes, but I couldn't tell you what they cost.

Edit: I didn't shop around much, but it looks like shipping from TX to FL is under $600

4. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach

We'll have to pass. :(

Shipping puts it beyond our reach. Thanks anyways.

Rick

5. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX

This will be my one and only *bump*
    Thanks!

6. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007

I'll help...

http://www.vroc.org/

All the info you could ever want to find on a Vulcan 800 , which is probably the most reliable bike Ma Kaw ever made.  Many out there still going at 100K+ miles

My baby is here - 2004, 31K (and awesome!)

http://www.vroc.org/view_profile.php?user_id=17523

Excellent price BTW. I would not sell mine for that.

Bert

7. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009

GREAT BIKE.  Best of the non English bikes I ever rode.  Had to sell mine a few years back because of health problems.  Miss it every day!

8. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007

Gramps in NC ?

B.

9. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009

That's me, still alive and kicking, but no longer riding.  Miss it more than I can put to words.  KT P40 lets me get rid of some of the pain and frustration.<G>

10. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007

Good deal,

Glad to hear you are hanging in there.

still hope to see you at SEVROC next year

B.

11. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009

Just may have to do it one of these years.  SEVROC was my last rally.  Burned a hole right through my shoe, sock and into my heel. That was when I decided that I shouldn't be riding any longer.  Tried a scooter, even triked it, but it just wasn't the same.  That got shipped up to NY two or three weeks ago.  Sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007

hate to hear. still, hang in there.

Bert

13. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX
    Re: WTS: Motorcycle in S.TX REDUCED!!!

Not really a *bump* per se, just a new and improved price. I am in a real bind here, asking $3000 obo, would take $2000 plus some bang-bangs of value...

For that price I think more people could afford to have it shipped. There are several motorcycle-specific shippers that do great work for less than you might imagine...

14. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
    Re: WTS: Motorcycle in S.TX REDUCED!!!

Well, thought I had good info to add since I have actually used a motorcycle shipping company in the past, Allen Auto Transport, but their website says they stopped shipping motorcycles as of 1/1/08. Still, for as little as this bike is selling for, a buyer could consider it $3500 with free shipping.

Hell, pay me $500 and I'll fly to TX and ride it wherever! ;D

15. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX
    Re: WTS: Motorcycle in TX *Dang near FREE* LOL

Well I got into a bad accident at work this week and now I am on workers comp. Needless to say this thing must go. If anyone will make a reasonable offer I will be interested. Thanks

16. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX
  17. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX

Wow, less than 35 minutes to go and it has only been bid to $2000!? Looks like I am in for a loss...

18. huklebry

huklebry New Member

Aug 20, 2008

Wish it were closer, I'm kind of in the market for my wife... Sorry about your accident! Hope all goes well for you!

19. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007

Unbelievable. Only one bidder. Couldn't be a worse scenario for auctioning an item. My condolences.

However, I did notice that your winning bidder has zero feedback, and has won auctions on three (!) motorcycles in the last week, including a Harley. That seems mighty fishy to me. I guess it could be a dealer... but a brand new dealer with no feedback? I would not be surprised if his payment does not come through, or if they try to set up one of those offshore shipping scams. In your case, I think this would be a blessing, giving you the opportunity to sell the bike again at a higher price.

20. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX
    Re: SPF-WTS: Motorcycle in TX

I contacted him when he first bid via eBay, and he replied with a TX phone # included. I called him last night to see when he was planning on picking it up and he said he has to get with his bank Monday and he will give me a call. I really need this sold and I hope this goes well. I am not sure how to look up a users bid history, can you walk me through it?