Sold Ruger 10/22 1974 Pre Warning Walnut Stock

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by lcdrdanr, May 9, 2009.

1. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    SOLD to Burley:  Ruger 10/22 Carbine, 1974 mfg, pre warning walnut stock steel trigger group

This might be a bit wordy but I believe in full disclosure.  

Okay, I’m giving up on this one.  I cannot get it to feed properly, even after cleaning, oiling, new magazines, new parts, cussing, caressing, sweet talking and screaming.  So, I’m giving up and let someone else have it.  I have got it down from jamming all the time to jamming some of the time but I can’t get it to feed reliably.  I’m not a 10/22 kinda guy and I guess the rifle knows that.  

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The SN has been smudged on the photo, not on the carbine

[​IMG]

What it is:  A Ruger 10/22 Carbine, 18-1/2” barrel manufactured in 1974 (pre safety warning), metal trigger guard, metal butt plate, walnut stock, SN 113-85xxx. I paid around $100 for it at an estate sale (and another $15 for a 3 speed trolling motor), it had iron sights and was drilled and tapped for receiver scope mount on top.  It has the original 10 round factory rotary magazine, the older style with the screw slot rather than the newer allen head.  The dark walnut stock has handling marks, some scratches, nicks and probably 3 small dents (I hesitate to call them gouges but they are pretty deep).  The metal looks good, a few scratches on the butt plate, and receiver but the bluing on the barrel looks good although this is by no means a collector piece.  It also has had installed:
    - Williams Fire Sights, front and rear
    - New extractor, extractor spring and plunger
    - New ejector
    - New Receiver cross pins
    - New Aftermarket Bolt stop Buffer
    - New Aftermarket Bolt lock, hold open
    And it comes with:
    - Two Eagle 30 Round magazines
    - Original factory 10 round magazine
    - Original receiver cross pins, part B5
    - New Extractor Spring, part B15
    - New ejector cross pin, part B22
    - Original Bolt Stop Pin, part B46
    - New Bolt Stop Pin, part B46
    - Original Bolt Lock, part B41

I put the aftermarket bolt lock on and the bolt stop buffer, installed the fire sights and now have to leave them on because I used the original rear sight to replace a broken one on another rifle.  I do have the original front site around if you want that and if I can find it lol.  The gun had a broken ejector that I replaced with factory parts.  Since Ruger has a minimum parts charge and shipping was the same, I picked up a handful of other small parts at the same time, that’s why I know what has been swapped out and what the other small parts are that come with the gun.

All the above is yours for $120.00 plus shipping (that’s $30 worth of sights, $30 worth of magazines, $12 worth of aftermarket parts and $11 worth of parts from Ruger plus the rifle).  I recognize you have to pay a receiving FFL and shipping and am trying to keep the price within reason.

Available separately are
    - Two Northridge 25 round magazines, used maybe three times, in original package, $20 for both plus shipping
    - Ruger 10 Round magazine, used maybe 4 times, in original package $14 plus shipping
    - Eagle HK style front sight and aperture rear sight, installed once, in original package $15 plus shipping (I paid $30 for this but didn’t like the front sight and the rear aperture was plastic which I didn’t like, prefer the fire sights)

[​IMG]

Or, make me an offer for everything shipped together to your FFL.

I can probably ship it U S Postal Service for under $20 to your FFL if your FFL will accept a shipment from a private individual.  Some won’t (which beats the heck out of me how they ever buy a used gun if they only buy from other FFL’s but………..)  If they won’t, then I have to go through an FFL on my end and it costs another $25, paid by you.  If you want to ship it in a second hand hard case (I pick them up from a local gun shop), add another $10.00 (total of $32.00 for shipping) which should cover the cost of the case and the additional shipping weight.

PM for additional details, information, or photos.

Oh, yeah, and I want to hold off on the accessories until the rifle goes, whoever buys the 10/22 gets first crack at the accessories since they may want to make an offer for the whole package, if they don't want them then I will sell them off to whoever posts first.  So, if you want the accessories only, put in your "I'll take it" and realize that you will be second to the rifle purchaser.

I will be shipping everything from zip code 86406, am willing to face to face in Arizona but, no, I can't meet you guys from California in the middle of the lake during the dark of the moon and swap the gun or the mags !!!!  Obviously, the "hi-cap" mags can't be sold or shipped to localities where they are banned, only the free states, please.  If you are in one of those places and want the rifle I will swap the new Ruger Factory mag in accessories for the two Eagle mags to keep everything square.

Dan R

2. Re: WTS Ruger 10/22 1974 Pre Warning Walnut Stock

[​IMG]

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Re: WTS Ruger 10/22 1974 Pre Warning Walnut Stock

I would be interested in the HK sights ( I have no ideal what they look like though  :-/ ) and the 10rnd mag
    I understand I'll wait and see if some one wants the whole deal.

4. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004

The Eagle HK style front sight and rear aperture sight is EAG2206BL, an eagle product that consists of an aluminum hooded front post sight, dovetailed, that replaces the original front sight and a weaver style rear base with an aperture peep sight in a windage adjustable screw. The rear sight fits on with two screws, included. I didn't like it because the aperture part is plastic, everything else is metal though. It is an Eagle product and according to the back of the package, has a lifetime warranty, if it everfails they will repair or replace free of charge.

[​IMG]

If you want it, you need to commit to buy since if it is not picked up with the carbine it will be offered to the first unqualified "I'll take it".

Hope this amplifies the information

Dan R

5. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

I'll take it. (If ya can wait till monday to work out the details. I'll PM ya tonight) My FFL will accept shipment. I will want some of the acc. but please let JFB have what he asked for ;)
    Thanks,
    Joe

6. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004

Joe, you have it, SPF.

If I let JFB have the Eagle HK style sight and new factory Ruger mag, that only leaves the 25 round NorthRidge mags as accessories.

Is that okay with you?

You still have first dibs so let me know, I'm in no rush to close it out although I will mark the title SPF.

Dan R

7. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

:-? , took me a while to realize, what has happen. (i'm Joe too  ;D)

so if Joe doesn't want the sight, or the factroy mag, PM me an adress to mail the cash to, Joe

8. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Re: SPF Ruger 10/22 1974 Pre Warning Walnut Stock

Okay, sorry for the confusion. Burley (Joe 1) has the carbine and first dibs on the accessories.

JFB (Joe 2) has the Factory Mag and the Eagle Sight IF Joe 1 doesn't want either of them.

I think I have it all straight. ;D

Joe 2, I will PM you as soon as I know the rest of the answers !!

Dan R

9. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

PMs sent

10. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004

Okay, PM's sent to all interested parties with shipping information and costs.

All items are sold, pending funds.

Thanks to everybody

Dan R

11. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

One more PM on it's way...
    and thanks Dan

12. Eric_in_Nola

Eric_in_Nola New Member

Sep 22, 2006

I am so glad I did not check this site last week or I would be a little over $100 poorer right now.

Good value!

I hope to see a report on the other guns forum soon!

13. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004

Burley, the carbine and mags are shipped to your FFL this date, USPS Priority, Insured.

JFB, the eagle sight and mags were shipped on 14 May (I was in error on my PM, a day off) via USPS Priority Mail.

Everything is sold, paid for and shipped.

Thanks, guys

Dan R

14. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

Thanks Dan, rec'd today :cool:

15. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

Got the carbine yesterday from the FFL. Got a good look at it last night. Dan , I'm very happy with it :).
    Thumbs up on a smooth transaction  [smiley=thumbup.gif].
    Now the fun starts (don't worry the outside will still look stock)  ;)
    All the cool parts will go inside this guy :cool:

16. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Real pleased it went to a good guy who will appreciate it. Hope it works like gangbusters for you, keep me informed as it gets "transformed" ;D

Dan R