sold Remington 870 express magnum for sale sold

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by blakep11, Mar 6, 2010.

1. blakep11

blakep11 New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I have a remington 870 express magnum 12 gauge shotgun that I would like to sale for $200.00 prefer face to face. It was built in 1992 it has a scope mount on it and a Tasco pronghorn fixed power scope, the barrel I believe is a 1972 by the date code it is a 20" barrel with rifle sights on it. This would make a great home defense shotgun with the short barrel or a good slug gun for deer hunting. There is a couple light rust spots on the blueing on one side but it isnt into the metal. The gun looks barely worn I am not sure how many rounds have been shot through it but it doesnt look like mubh. I am in the southeast Kansas area. I might also trade for a handgun, can throw in a little for the right gun maybe a KT P3AT. here are some pics of the gun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. seez52

seez52 New Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Re: Remington 870 express magnum for sale

might be interested if you decide to ship

3. blakep11

blakep11 New Member

Jan 12, 2010

I might look into that if i cant sell it here I dont know about the laws when shipping a gun. I will let you know if I decide to ship it.

4. ProGun3400

ProGun3400 New Member

Sep 12, 2009

Howdy, where are you located?

Edit: Oops, I should've checked your profile first I guess?

5. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008

Wish you were in OH, I'd have bought this in a heartbeat.

If you ship, you'll have to send it to an FFL, and the recipient must pick it up from them and fill out a 4473 form and pay the FFL's transfer fee, usually $20-$50, but could be more or less. Also, you'll need to make sure the receiving FFL will accept a firearm from a non-FFL. Some will, some won't.

6. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004

The good news is that, even though you are not an FFL, you can still send it via USPS, either Parcel Post or Priority Mail, you just have to let the clerk know there is a fire arm inside and have NOTHING on the outside that says "Gun". Costs about 15 or 20 bucks with insurance.

I would take the barrel off, strap the two pieces together or use baling wire and put it inside a sturdy cardboard box (or go to a pawn shop or gun shop and buy a second hand hard gun case for $10 and ship it in that, have your purchaser pay the $10 and they get to keep the gun case !).

You MUST ship to an FFL but it will be the purchasers responsibility and cost to ensure the FFL will receive from a Non FFL. Also, you must send the FFL some sort of Identification (he has to log in who the gun is from), most use a copy of their drivers licence with any sensitive date marked off. Just let the receiving FFL know who you are.

Dan R

7. blakep11

blakep11 New Member

Jan 12, 2010

Bump still for sale price reduced to 180 ftf

8. nbh40

nbh40 New Member

Feb 19, 2009

The good news is that, even though you are not an FFL, you can still send it via USPS, either Parcel Post or Priority Mail, you just have to let the clerk know there is a fire arm inside and have NOTHING on the outside that says "Gun".  Costs about 15 or 20 bucks with insurance.  

I would take the barrel off, strap the two pieces together or use baling wire and put it inside a sturdy cardboard box (or go to a pawn shop or gun shop and buy a second hand hard gun case for $10 and ship it in that, have  your purchaser pay the $10 and they get to keep the gun case !).

You MUST ship to an FFL but it will be the purchasers responsibility and cost to ensure the FFL will receive from a Non FFL.  Also, you must send the FFL some sort of Identification (he has to log in who the gun is from), most use a copy of their drivers licence with any sensitive date marked off.  Just let the receiving FFL know who you are.

Dan R[/quote]

You are 100% right Dan, except the bit that says "if you can find a USPS that knows the rules and is not anti-gun." Last time I tried 4 local USPS and all would not accept firearms. UPS would.

9. blakep11

blakep11 New Member

Jan 12, 2010

The gun sold locally.

10. wow6599

wow6599 Guest

Re: sold Remington 870 express magnum for sale sol

::)