** SOLD ** FS: 55gr .223 ammo

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by bowmaker, Jan 15, 2009.

1. bowmaker

bowmaker New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    ** SOLD ** I have 3 cases of 1000's (total 3000 rounds).  Ease case has 20 boxes of 50 rounds.  2 cases of JSP and 1 case of FMJ.  All are 55 gr's.  The manufacturer of the ammunition is 'Accurate Ammunition' and the ammo is made in USA (at least that what it says so on the box).  I have never heard of this manufacturer and they seem no longer exist.  I have recently shot about 3 boxes of these and they work just fine.  I do not believe they are reloads but then I am no ammo expert.

I got this lot of ammunition from a departed friend.  I have no idea when he acquired them but as I said - they fire when I pull the trigger.

I am asking for $270/case (of 1000 rounds) plus UPS shipping.  That's only 27c per round and is cheaper than Wolf!  I just do not feel comfortable keeping that much ammo at home particularly the only place I have to store them is close to the kitchen.

Please post here, PM or email me if you are interested.  I'll try to post some pics in the next few days.

2. Re: FS: 55gr .223 ammo

VERY INTERESTED.........PM SENT

3. seez52

seez52 New Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Re: FS: 55gr .223 ammo

PM on the way

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Anyone have a clue about shipping costs?

5. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana

I know it has to be marked as ordinance, and it has to go via a shipper (UPS, FedEx), and my 500 rounds in a can weighs about 10 lbs.  So figure 60 lbs give or take.  I'm thinking $25-40 shipped, but I could be off.

:-/

6. bowmaker

bowmaker New Member

Nov 4, 2008

I have 4 interested parties for the ammo so far.

I will post the weight of each case over the weekend. I will also post some pics of the ammo.

The shipping origin zip code is 85260. you can go to UPS.com to guesstimate your shipping cost once you know the weight.

7. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana

Not knowing the content of the PM's I refer you back to the TP rules.  Just making sure you understand them.  Hmmm, I see they disappeared with the TP crash.  Disregard, I'm sure you have it under control.   ;)

But the rule I was referencing was that you should respond to each buyer in the order of their PM's. First come first served. :)

8. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Yes, to keep things open and fair to all, the TP rules (which I will repost this weekend) require that you must post in the thread, I'll take it, etc" to establish a pecking order.  Folks can PM or post inquiries but that does not establish a place in line or outrank a posted "I'll take it".  ;)

BTW, in order to estimate shipping with UPS, one needs the weight, height, width and length of the package. I would appreciate that info on one case.

9. Re: FS: 55gr .223 ammo

OK- I will JUMP first and declare that:

I WILL TAKE ONE CASE of the 55 gr Soft Point @ asking price of $270 + shipping.

Asumes bowmaker will split it up, and previous PM indicated he would.

bowmaker- another pm is on the way to you.

10. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

OK darn it!  I too will take one 1000 rd case of the soft point at $270 plus shipping.

PM sent!

11. Badman400

Badman400 Well-Known Member

OK I'll take the last case of FMJ at $270 +shipping.

PM sent.

12. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Oops...  JSP.  Let me go add that to my post.  Thanks!
    Looks like he's sold out. :cool:

13. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006

Thanks guy's,

I was goggleing the tooth fairy rates and fixing to pull'em all ;D

14. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004

I'll call dibbs if anyone changes their mind.

15. seez52

seez52 New Member

Apr 27, 2008

I think we may have scared him off, I've never received a reply to my PM

16. bowmaker

bowmaker New Member

Nov 4, 2008

seez52, I did send you 2 PM's this morning. Anyway, you are 4th in line and on the bubble. The first 3 that contacted me were mif_slim(PM), Nu_aging_shooter(PM) and Shanghai_dan(email).

I got a few photos up on photobucket, so you know better what you are buying:

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg342/bowmaker_az/ammo/IMG_0442.jpg
    http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg342/bowmaker_az/ammo/IMG_0443.jpg
    http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg342/bowmaker_az/ammo/IMG_0446.jpg
    http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg342/bowmaker_az/ammo/IMG_0447.jpg
    http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg342/bowmaker_az/ammo/IMG_0451.jpg

The headstamps read LC## where ## is 2 numbers; it seems different boxes have different 2 digit numbers. I only randomly checked 2 boxes.

The weight of each case is about 29 lbs. size 14x11x6. shipping origin zip code is 85260.

17. seez52

seez52 New Member

Apr 27, 2008

well dang, I thought I was number 2 in line. :eek:

found the PMs, thought the board sent emails, but guess not, maybe need to check my prefs.

Let me know how it comes out, offer stands.

18. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana

The PM email notification needs to be checked on page 2 of your preferences.  And I was slightly in error in referring to the rules.  TxCajun confirmed that a buyer needed to post with "I'll take it", as well as "PM sent".  And technically Shanghai_dan violated the rules by going straight to email and not posting anything in the thread.  Sorry fella..   :-[

19. Re: FS: 55gr .223 ammo

bowmaker and I have agreed to buy/sell one case of the 55 gr soft point.

And not that it counts here, but for the record, I was the first pm sent noted in this thread:

AND THIS IS THE ONE THAT COUNTS- I was the first to post I WILL TAKE IT in this thread.

Bowmaker has accepted my offer for the one case of 55 gr soft point.

bowmaker - another pm sent

20. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Gentlemen - It would appear that some folks here have not read nor complied with the Rules for using this forum.  From the STICKIED thread at the top of this forum, repeated here FYI...  In particular, see rules 2 & 3:

Trading Post Rules - READ BEFORE VIEWING!

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1232205161