Sold - Fobus holster for SP101

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by wow6599, Jul 27, 2010.

1. wow6599

wow6599 Guest

Like new Fobus paddle holster for a Ruger SP101. I am selling this because I have a 3 1/16" SP101 and I don't like how far the barrel sticks out the bottom. $20 shipped. SPF

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JoeH

JoeH New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Re: WTS - Fobus holster for SP101

will that fit a S&W 442 with a 1 7/8" barrel?

3. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX

according to the fobus web site, www.fobusholster.com, it will not.

the sp101 is a relatively new model according to the web site.

ymmv

free bump.

4. wow6599

wow6599 Guest

Like RJ said, per Fobus it won't. The problem is a SP101 is kind of between a J-Frame and K-Frame in size.

5. JoeH

JoeH New Member

Jan 7, 2010

Ok
    Thanks !

6. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado

Hmmmmmm..... Can you do a pic of your SP101 in the holster to show how much it sticks out the bottom? I don't recall exactly what barrel length my SP101 is? But IIRC the barrel to the frame is less than 3 inches?

Can you also tell me how the gun retention is on this holster? Does it have a locking mech that I'm not seeing?

7. wow6599

wow6599 Guest

Hey Ape, the retention screw is on the bottom of the holster, in front of the trigger guard (you can see it in the pic) and it works really well.
    The SP101 I have is 3 1/16", so if you have the 2.25" SP101 you might like it. I don't think Fobus had the 3 1/16" in mind when they designed it because I use Fobus holsters like this for my P-11 and M&P9.....and they don't stick out the bottom as far as this one.

[​IMG]
    ]

8. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado

Hmmmmm... I'm still a bit hesitant just because I've always used holsters with thumb breaks or retention straps of some sort. I've tried non retention hoslters before with bad results as far as having guns trying to find their way out when bendingover, twisting or kneeling down. I assume the retention screw adjusts the tension of the entire holster to clamp on the entire gun? If so how difficult would that make getting the gun in and out of the holster if I had the retention set up snug enough not to let the gun pop out inadvertantly?

And with all of that.......... I'll go ahead and post an "I'LL TAKE IT"! :cool:
    After all, it's only 20 bucks......and if I don't like it then it's only 1 more holster into the box of holsters I already have. lol
    PM me with the payment method needed please. ;)

9. wow6599

wow6599 Guest

SPF to Ape.

PM on its way.

10. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    PM replied [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

So how hard is it to rmove and replace the gun with the retention screw clamped down hard enough to keep the gun from coming out during bending, twisting or kneeling? Any way of comparing it to something else?

11. wow6599

wow6599 Guest

I don't think it's hard at all. The Fobus design lets you draw the gun fairly easy when pulling straight up, but almost impossible if you are pulling forward or back so that the gun can't be "taken" from you. I would be keeping this if my SP101 was a 2.25".

Check this out -
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQ3tjEIecM[/ame]

12. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Cool! Looks good and sturdy. that should work fine for my SP101! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Money is sent. ;)

13. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    fwiw, i have a full size s&w 357 mag I wear during hunting (interchange with my taurus of the same model), and this works JUST FINE. I have never lost the gun.

14. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    fwiw, i have a full size s&w 357 mag I wear during hunting (interchange with my taurus of the same model), and this works JUST FINE.  I have never lost the gun.

[/quote]
    An endorsment from Ray makes it good enough for me! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;)
    Thanks big guy! :cool:

15. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Received it TODAY already! :eek:
    That was fast!

Pleasure doing business with you CMY! Product as advertised and shipped extremely fast! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

16. wow6599

wow6599 Guest

Thanks Ape, I hope it works for ya.